TEENAGE WASTELAND Part 1

Sofia strutted through the living room with various books and papers in her arms and threw it on the kitchen table before sitting down, she took her pencil and bit on the end of it as she stared at the equations on the paper, Gaga looked up from her computer screen and stared at her eldest daughter who was bend over at the table, she smiled and put her laptop beside her slowly walking up to her on bare feet "hi mom" Sofia said without looking up "how's your homework going?" Gaga asked "stupid math" Sofia just grunted and dropped her pencil, Gaga kissed her daughter on the top of her head and went through the cabinets "you want something to eat?" Sofia shrugged "sure" Gaga pulled a stool from underneath the table and put it in front of her, climbing up on it, Sofia looked amused at her small mother "let me get it" and stood up, Sofia was way taller than her mother and she easily picked the bread from the upper cabinet and handed it to her mom "here you go" as Gaga sat down on that same stool "thanks" she answered, it reminded her of the day she found out she was pregnant with her daughter, if she hadn't fallen off that chair almost 18 years ago she might had found out about being pregnant weeks later, and it could've been damaging to the baby that was forming in her womb. "That's why I married your dad" Gaga joked and started to make some sandwiches "you married him for his length?" Sofia asked, Gaga bit her lip as she smiled "depends which length" she thought by herself, Sofia looked at her mom for a second "mom, that's gross!" she exclaimed her face scrunching up, Gaga laughed "what? You interpreted it that way!" Sofia shook her head and stared at her homework again "when is he coming home anyway?" Gaga took a deep breath "I don't know, he is on the set, who knows how long it's gonna take". The twins had already gone to bed, Joey was on his computer playing videogames and Sarah, God knows what Sarah was doing in her room. Gaga put down the plate with the cheese sandwich in front of her daughter "there you go" Sofia picked it up and slowly chewed on it "-I am glad this school thing will be over soon, I am so done!" Gaga looked concerned, Sofia had said multiple times she didn't want to go to college, she wanted to pursue her career as an artist in the big city, just like her mom successfully did, and with no help what so ever "otherwise I will always question if they love me for me, or for my parents fame" she said, Sofia was a bright kid from the start.

Two hours later, everyone had gone to bed, except for Gaga herself, Taylor hadn't come home yet and she was getting sad, she felt so lonely these last couple of months, sure she had five kids running around but it was different. She turned on the TV and ironically her very own husband appeared on the screen, he had been the starring role on a Law & Order spin-off for some time, he even got an Emmy for it and was featured in the sexiest men list of this year, every year he actually got more handsome and popular while she herself just felt old, she'd see her wrinkles starting to appear and it frustrated her, more than she was willing to admit. Not that she wasn't proud of him, or their family, she just missed him. "God..." she sighed seeing his beautiful co-stars and eventually turned off the TV, they had made a commitment to always go to bed together, unless one of them were out of town or something but it seemed that Taylor didn't really care anymore, or did she just imagine that? She sighed and finally after half an hour she heard the door open and footsteps coming towards the living room, she felt kind of numb waiting for him to appear, he threw his keys on the table and turned around, he smiled "hey", Gaga didn't move a muscle, they both felt the tension rise between them "sorry I'm so late, but this scene was so difficult, we did like 30 shots of it, it was crazy" Gaga nodded and walked off to the kitchen, remembering she had to still clean the counter "Stef..." he said following her, he sat down "come on don't be mad, you know how much time my job requires, you could've just gone to bed you know" Gaga felt her heart break when he said that, she slowly turned around "does it mean nothing to you?" Taylor raised his eye brow "it's a little ridiculous to stay up so late when it's not necessary don't you think?" Gaga frowned "since when is being together unnecessary? The kids miss you, I miss you, you are constantly gone-" as she felt warm tears stream down her face, Taylor folded his arms "that's not fair, how many times have I been home with the kids when you were off, well?" Gaga held her arms in the air "well sorry that I was sick!" Taylor got very agitated "you know I don't mean it that way, how can you EVEN think that!" Gaga looked down, her arms supporting her bodyweight leaning against the kitchen table, she didn't even bother wiping her tears away as she slowly shook her head "I'm sorry, I am so proud of you Tay, so incredibly proud, but you're missing some of the most vital parts of the children's life's, Sofia is almost turning 18 and moving out, the twins are going to be 8, Joey is becoming a man and Sarah... I can't handle her on my own, she is impossible, you know that" as she slowly looked up, Taylor looked at her, he was frowning his eyes glistening as he tried to contain his tears "-but more importantly I miss you, I want your arms wrapped around me, making me feel like the most beautiful and sexiest woman on the planet" Taylor grabbed her hand, not caring it was wet from the tears and slowly pulled her to him, wrapping his big arms around her and resting his chin on the top of her head "I am sorry" he whispered, Gaga clenched his grey shirt in her fists "-me too" she said with a raspy voice, Taylor sighed "we need to figure this out, we're just going through a rough patch, I love you and the children more than my career of course, but you-" as he gently held up her chin "you as well need to make some sacrifices, it's not all on me, ok, we're a team" Gaga nodded and Taylor softly kissed her lips, Gaga smiled through the tears "I sometimes just think you kiss your co-stars more often that you do me, I get jealous" Taylor held her even closer "you don't need to be jealous, they can't compete with you, you're the best kisser in the world" as he put his lips against hers again, only tighter this time as she opened her mouth and gratefully took advantage of that, deepening the kiss, Gaga grabbed his face with her two hands, holding it as his stubbles tickled her hands "let's go to bed" he whispered letting go, Gaga nodded as Taylor held her with one arm around her waist while walking.