Chapter 6 | "You're like a white magnolia"

"That damn Wen pack is getting more and more dangerous. .. This has never happened to anyone before. So Wen Xu was really poisoned by his father's power." remarked Nie Mingjue as they reached the bottom of the stairs and went into the living room.

"Yes, ... and that's another reason for me to finally stop him." said Lan Zhan tensely, then sat down on the couch.

"We've already discussed this, Lan Zhan. You will do nothing against him. I know you still want revenge, but -"

"It's not just about my own revenge now. They've done enough damage already. Who knows how many packs or families' lives they could be ruining right now, just like they did with Wei Ying."

"Speaking of which, what do you think about this, Lan Zhan? From what we've heard so far, the Wen pack attacked some packs and alphas, ... but not one family."

"I think Wei Ying and his parents could only have gotten involved in a fight they had nothing to do with by accident." said Lan Zhan firmly.

"Something doesn't add up for me about this situation. But there's only one way I can see to get the whole story. ... But that's not going to happen." said Nie Mingjue sternly, then went to the kitchen.

"Hm? Wait .. Dad. What is that way?" asked Lan Zhan as he stood up and followed his father into the kitchen.

"Nothing. Forget what I said. You don't worry about that, we have other things to do now." said Nie Mingjue as he walked to the kitchen counter.

"So you're doing what you used to do. You're not telling me things again, saying it's your way of protecting me." said Lan Zhan, after a long silence.

"Exactly as you say. I keep things, news, information from you because I know that after you hear them, then what path you will take or what you will do, while not caring about your own safety. .. Sometimes I find that it's better if you don't know anything, because then you can't make serious mistakes. ... Just like now, after you told me that you were planning on going after the Wen, .. alone. And you forget what's going on around you, especially now. So as in the past, so now, I .. -"

"No, that is enough! .. Don't start hiding things from me again, Dad! ... Now, I'm not leaving here until you answer me!" said Lan Zhan slightly loudly, which surprised Nie Mingjue.

"Lan Zhan, I'm warning you, if you behave like this, I'll .. -"

Just when the atmosphere between the two alphas was getting tense, they smelled a subtle scent. They turned towards the stairs at the same time. Wei Ying was standing there, just a few steps up from the bottom of the stairs. A slight fright was evident on his face as he watched the two arguing alphas.

"I know that I can cause a lot of discomfort here,and that ..." began Wei Ying, but the elder alpha quickly interrupted him.

"What? ... Oh, no! No, no, I think you've misunderstood us. We were not arguing because of your presence here, but because of the actions of the Wen pack. .. I assure you, you are welcome here in my house. You can stay here as long as you like." said Nie Mingjue to soothe the omega.

"I'm very grateful for that, thank you." said Wei Ying a little shyly with a slight smile.

Then his gaze turned to Lan Zhan, as he had felt the alpha's keen gaze on him since they had noticed him. Lan Zhan just stared at him, unmoving.

"What is it?" asked Wei Ying briefly at last.

Lan Zhan could barely catch his breath or speak. He was so overwhelmed by the magnificent sight of the omega. Wei Ying wore a long white dress with a pale blue belt. But Lan Zhan saw Wei Ying as if he were an angel.