A Walk (10)

Maybe I shouldn't have phrased it that way-

"Uhmmm. That sounds like a great idea actually, Chara." Frisk started blushing really hard - it was hard for her to speak due to embarrassment. She put the emphasis on my name, meaning she's probably very mad at me for saying all of this in front of mom.

"Yes, we can have a lot of fun there!" I said happily. I was so excited.

"Then I'll leave that up to you. My children, I'm going to finish something in the kitchen, you can go outside and take a walk for a bit." Mom said to both of us while carrying the dishes to the kitchen.

"We'll go take a walk miss, don't worry, we'll be somewhere close." Frisk said pretty aggressively.

"I will call Chara on the phone if I need something. Have a great time!" Mom shouted from the kitchen.

Frisk and I headed for the main hallway, so we could finally go outside and have some time alone. We left home, and then it started going downhill.

"What were you thinking Chara? You can't say stuff like that in front of Toriel!" Frisk was frustrated about the comment I made.

"That's too innapropriate to say in front of your parents." She continued and looked away from me. I guess she was really angry she didn't even want to see me.

"Look Frisk..." I tried to comfort her.

"What "Look, Frisk"? You're making me feel really uncomfortable!" She didn't even let me finish my sentence.

"It's different down here," I said, still trying to comfort her. I understand her feelings, so I don't want to anger her more.

"Okay, tell me how it's different." She was still bratty, but I found her behavior cute and attractive. Weird.

"In the Underground, monsters are platonically closer than the people from up where we came from. Here you can say that kind of stuff but most of the people will not understand it as something that was meant to be romantic. Toriel doesn't even have a clue how close we are, especially because we met yesterday." I was explaining to her, but she looked like she wasn't listening, or at least not caring. But I know that she heard everything I said, so I was just waiting for a proper response.

We were walking towards the town. I'm the one who's leading the way - she has been silent for a good minute or two, without even looking at me once, but she was still following me.

"Hmh. I don't believe you." She replied with just that, and now she was slowly starting to get on my nerves.

"Well, why did she let us sleep in the same bed?" I tried to make some sense out of this.

"Because I couldn't anywhere else." She said with a bratty tone.

"You could've slept with Toriel, but I saved you." I turned to look at her face while we were walking through various different rooms and corridors in order to reach the longest stairway in the Underground, which would take us down to the center of the town.

"Saved me from what? Maybe you should've just let me be." She replied.

"I saved you from the SMELL of an adult female goat." I said with a mean tone, but soon after started genuinely giggling, and laughing as well - she was trying hard to resist my contagious laughter, but she failed in the end.

"Charaaaaa!" She glared at me, and I saw that and started laughing even harder about how she tried to look at me without me noticing.

"You act like a child sometimes." Frisk complained again.

"We're both the same age, remember?" I pointed out.

"Wait, how do you know that?" She noticed she never told me her age, at least not in this timeline.

"I mean, we literally look like the same exact person, don't we?" Of course, I was still joking, but that's partially true, except for some facial features.

"Oh my god... WE REALLY LOOK THE SAME." She quickly examined my entire face and body all of a sudden, and she was shocked. She couldn't believe we literally look like the same person.

"Chara. Charaaaa!" She was loud even though her voice is so soft. It can be hard to listen to her when she raises her voice...

We completely switched up the topic to how we look like siblings. And that's, ladies and gentlemen, how I got Frisk to not be mad at me anymore. That wasn't as difficult as it may seem, but that's because she's a lighthearted sweetie. So if you're ever having a problem or an argument with someone you like, you must be able to have enough patience for your right person if you want to comfort her, even though they don't deserve it at the moment, they'll thank you in the end.

After a lot of funny jokes and usual teen banter - without mentioning ANYTHING that happened yesterday, we finally made it to the giant stairway to HELL, or in other words, the town. It's full of annoying people, ehm, monsters, and it's a place I would destroy with the most excitement on my face. So that's why I call it the HELL...

Frisk and I looked at each other with a terrified look on our faces because we knew that once we wanted to come back up, we would have to climb all the way back home. But I was really eager to show her the entire center of the town and maybe take her somewhere out, for a drink or something else.

So I instantly grabbed her hand like I always do when we are alone, I looked at her with a wide smile on my face, and she returned me one as well. I made the first step, and she started following me. We both know this is going to be long and TIRING, but we're just happy to be with each other, alone and free. I just can't wait to show her around once we finally get down there.

Frisk has brought excitement back into my life again.

_______________________________

Writer's Notes

Today's chapter wasn't meant to be anything special. The next one is going to be focused on them having funnnn around the town and stuff like that.

Anyways, thank you for reading, dear reader. Unfortunately, I must go sleep now again because it's 4AM. Cheers.

_______________________________