[2]

[Toko - week 2]

I had not had a fun week so far.

Not to get into too many specifics but, I've been hearing someone new in headspace. Since Asa and Syo have been formed for years now I can tell when something is up. The voice is small, very excitable and sounds almost like a child. I haven't really dealt with this sort of thing for a long time so I'm pretty anxious to say the least.

"Toko? Are you still with me?"

I blinked out of my dissociative state to look a very concerned Dr. Azuma straight in the eye.

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine..sorry." I mumbled an apology. I kind of forgot we were still in therapy.

"I was asking about your week? Did anything in particular happen while you were away?" She questioned.

"Well, it's not exactly been easy."

—> 1 week earlier

"I don't have to go into work until 2pm today dear." My boyfriend announced, sitting beside me on the couch.

"Oh? Why's that?"

"One of my coworkers took over an assignment that I was supposed to complete due to her having extra time, so I'm able to take the morning off without missing anything."

"How should we celebrate the extra time?" I thought for a moment before a small voice chimed in: "pancakes!"

"Are you alright love? You look like something startled you?" Byakuya furrowed his brow.

I didn't realize how jumpy the voice has made me until I noticed I had almost fallen on the carpeted floor.

"Oh it's nothing, just thought I heard someone. Anyways, I think that we should make pancakes for breakfast as a special treat." I smiled, shaking the thought of the tiny voice from my head.

"Ah yes, that sounds perfect."

—>

"Okay so just mix the dry and wet ingredients together to make a batter." I instructed.

Byakuya started to pour everything together in one goopy mess before I could stop him.

"Agh no! You need to do it slowly! It helps with mixing." I groaned.

"I'm terribly sorry, I thought that was just in baking." He threw a sheepish grin my direction.

"Here, I'll help mix to get you started."

"Am I doing better..?" He spoke suddenly as I stirred the batter and plopped it on to the hot griddle.

"In what regard?"

"All..this." He gestured to the kitchen and sizzling pancakes in front of us. "I never learned how to cook as a child and I'm worried I'm not doing enough to learn as an adult. I mean, you're the one who makes meals and orders food when you don't feel like cooking. I try to make something every so often and it often ends up in the garbage. I'm trying so hard but I'm failing, why am I failing..?"