~Chapter 2~

"BASTA!" Adriana was uncontrollably screaming the police station down. Frantically trying to get free her attempts were only causing her to hurt herself in the process.

"So help me God I will throw you in that cell with the cuffs still on if you don't stop" one of the police men threatened now having more than enough of her. She was body slamming the police car door the entire drive to the station whilst simultaneously cursing. 

"I'll take it from here" Police Officer Ben O'Conner stated from behind the desk. He smiled at Adriana as the previous officer pushed her forcefully onto the desk. 

"BASTARDO! NON MI TOCCARE" the tone in her voice was beyond any anger that had ever escaped her lips.

How could they do this to me? I was robbed at gunpoint and I'm the one being arrested?'

She thought angrily unsure if she was now ready to break down and cry. 

The arresting officer slammed her unarmed gun which was now in an evidence bag onto the desk angrily, "she was pointing this at me on the scene" he stated loudly knowing very well he was adding fuel to her very brightly lit fire.

"If you fũcking listened to me you would know that gun is registered to me and I was merely protecting myself from the man who actually committed a goddamn crime tonight you son of a bĩtch!"

"That's enough miss!" Officer Ben O'Conner raised his voice authoritatively making sure she knew who was boss from this point on. "Don't you worry, we will be checking up on the status of that firearm, if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about" O'Conner stated attempting to be the voice of reason tonight. 

"I'm not going in that cell" Adriana retaliated instantly tensing up once again feeling herself raging all over.

"Well Miss Di Dio it unfortunately isn't your choice. You already made your choices tonight and they have led you to this police station, so you will have to calm down and accept this. The process can take as long or as quick as you like ultimately the choice is yours". With that O'Conner nodded to the arresting officer indicating to him to release Adriana of her cuffs.

The officer linked the cuffs back onto his belt and leaned into Adriana's ear to whisper, "now calm down tiger or I'll have to restrain you again", he cheekily squeezed her thigh knowing very well it would force her to start another scene. 

"PEZZO DI MERDA TI AMMAZZO!" 

He laughed and pushed her back down face first onto the desk again while more officers entered the building with Salvatore.

Even whilst Adriana swore and struggled the officers barely had any problem pushing her into the women's confinement cell just a few meters away. She continued to yell her profanities in Italian as she was furious that a gunman was roaming the streets whilst she was in a cell.

"Ah Salvatore, what a surprise seeing you again" O'Conner stated shaking his head at him clearly not surprised. "Pleasure to see you too Ben" Salvatore winked as he was pushed into the men's cell adjacent to the women's.

Salvatore Abandonato was not a stranger to this particular police station, in fact sometimes he joked about it being his second home.

The story was always the same, he would get arrested, placed in a cell and then bailed out by one of his crew within the hour. The police never had any solid evidence to keep him for a long amount of time and witnesses would suddenly become unwilling to give a statement.

"Hey! Pezzo di merda, I'm thirsty" 

Salvatore turned to look at the Italian speaking woman in the cell next to him. Besides her perfectly pronounced Italian, he first noticed her luscious long black thick hair. It was down and had slight curls towards the ends. He thought it also looked a little crazy at the moment, probably because she may have been resisting arrest. Her eyes were piercing dark blue, they were absolutely captivating against her sun kissed tanned skin and dark hair. 

Absolutely stunning 

He thought to himself realising he was in awe of this beauty before him.

"English!" Ben O'Conner yelled unimpressed with how far this young lady was attempting to push him.

"Oh come on Ben" Salvatore chimed in with a big smirk across his face, "she only called you a piece of shĩt, can't blame the lady for calling it how it is".

"You'd be wise to shut your mouth Salvo or I'll keep you here all night". 

Salvatore began to laugh like he had just heard the funniest joke of the night, "now we all know that's not happening so don't flatter yourself Ben. Now get this beautiful lady some water".

He turned his attention immediately to Adriana who was now looking on in slight awe of him, she suddenly grew quiet.

Salvatore Abandonato had a perfectly sculptured face. One that would look spectacular sprawled throughout a high end Italian magazine. His cheek bones were prominent and his dark stubble made Adriana secretly wonder about how it would feel against her skin. His hair was a dark chestnut brown and although his body seemed slender with his Dolce & Gabbana immaculate grey suit, she imagined he had something impressive under it. He looked like someone who was definitely fit.

"Come ti chiami bella?" Immediately she was brought back down to earth when he suddenly addressed her.

"Perché?"

"I'm not going to tell you both again, English only!" O'Conner roared angrily at the pair.

"Curious, I'd like to put a name to that beautiful face of yours" 

She couldn't help but blush. Even so, she was not easily fooled; he did seem to be a regular criminal after all. "Adriana" she finally replied earning a smile from him, "nice to meet you Salvatore, even under these circumstances".

"Oh no Adriana, it's nice to meet you! What brings you to this dump? No offence but you don't exactly fit in"

"That would be because I shouldn't be here. I was working and my bar was held up by some maniac and these geniuses decided to waste tax payers money and arrest me!" She glared at the direction of the officers who only glared straight back listening to every word. 

"Sweet heart you better shut that smart mouth or you'll be in much more trouble than you already are". Bens authoritative voice now turned to his threatening voice. Salvatore on the other hand smiled. 

"Ben, Ben, Ben..." He murmured while wrapping his hands around two of the bars and resting his forehead against the middle. "Don't make threats you can't live up too. You won't be touching a hair on this young ladies head, you hear me?" 

Ben O'Conner threw his head back in a fit of laughter finding this entire situation suddenly amusing. "Ah yes Salvo, I simply must have forgotten that you're actually a knight in shining armour. Honestly Salvo you just become utterly ridiculous the second some fresh pũssy is in the air".

With that Adriana banged on the bars in rage slightly hurting her palms in the process. "SCREW YOU PIG!" She screamed gloriously loud, her voice echoing through the entire complex.

Just in that moment the entry doors opened revealing another immaculately dressed man in a suit.