~Chapter 11~

Ok so I kind of got excited with this chapter & have spoiled you guys with 3,384 words hahaha enjoy! ;)

P.S - Something is finally made clear & revealed about Adriana in this chapter. It's a mature subject so if that upsets you, well this is most likely the entirely wrong story for you!

Marco glanced over at his brother Salvatore who was clearly distracted. Throughout the entire meet up he was fiddling with his phone and looking frustrated. This was totally unlike him; Salvatore was always focused on work no matter what personal situations were going on at the time. Today on the other hand something was visibly bothering him.

"Salvo" Marco called out in an attempt to bring him back to the situation at hand. "I said we found one of the guys from the card game". Salvatore nodded "ok good, so what's the plan?"

"We're going to send two of our guys on the streets. We've been watching him closely and he doesn't oppose a physical threat".

"Sounds good guys, I'll let papa know about this progress".

When Claudia walked into her apartment after work she noticed Adriana had immersed herself in cleaning. Everything was in order and squeaky clean, to the point where Claudia became immediately suspicious. Adriana was a very clean person when it came to their apartment but this was overboard. She knew something had been bothering her all day. "Ade..." Her voice trailed off as she shut the door. "Oh hey" Adriana greeted her without looking up; she continued vacuuming the rug which was clearly clean. "Ok what happened?"

"Claudia I can't-"

"So something did happen?" Claudia immediately walked over to the wall socket which the vacuum was plugged into and pulled it out making the vacuum cease to a complete stop. "He touched you didn't he?" Adriana dropped the vacuum and moved onto the kitchen still avoiding her best friends gaze. "Adriana answer me! Do I need to go find him? I knew I should have told him not to come here". Adriana finally stopped and looked at her friend; she let out a sigh and finally acknowledged her questions. "Yes you're right, he touched me. Before you say anything Claudia, we didn't get very far because I stopped it"

"So why are you upset?" Claudia was the only one who knew what Adriana had been through, she was the one who had consoled and helped her through some tougher times in her life which is why she was now so protective of her. "I'm upset because I wanted to want it!"

"So you didn't want it?"

"No Claudia, I did! But I couldn't. Jesus I should be able to just let go by now right? I should be able to let someone touch me shouldn't I?" Claudia walked into the kitchen and took Adriana by the hand pulling her close into an embrace. The moment Adriana felt her friend's closeness she let go and began to get slightly teary. "Hey it's ok. You're just confused; it's ok to be confused". Adriana wiped her tears and pulled away reaching for a glass of water and taking a sip to calm her nerves. "I haven't seen you like this in a long time Ade, do you like him?"

"I don't know him to know if I like him"

"Well you're obviously physically attracted to him sweetie. Look don't shut him out yet ok?" Just as she finished her sentence Adriana's cell phone vibrated on the kitchen counter top.

'We should talk'

It was from Salvatore. Before she had kicked him out of her apartment he had picked up her cell phone and called his own number forcing the number exchange between them.

"Oh God I bet he thinks I'm a total idiot" Adriana claimed shaking her head. She had made a fool of herself in front of him multiple times now; she was not even sure why he was still trying to speak to her. Claudia smiled, "well this is good, go talk to him" she suggested grinning from ear to ear. Adriana did not look so convinced. "I don't think so"