XI. Attack

Elizabeth took the forest route home so she could use her powers to glide through the air effortlessly every now and then during her walk. Hoping to cut her travel time in half.

After landing to the ground and walking for a few moments, Elizabeth couldn't help but feel a presence. A presence watching her every movement. She scanned her surroundings seeing nothing, but not letting her guard down. She reminded herself she was almost home, and if anything were to happen she can take care of herself.

She took once last look around before propelling into the air near the higher trees. Just as a precaution and speed through her journey back. Then it had felt she'd been hit by a brick wall out of nowhere causing her to fall hard to the ground.

"So... this is the one Aro is so sought after?" A Russian male's voice was heard as she pulled herself off the ground. She looked around seeing nothing before looking up at one of the trees.

The man jumped down standing a few feet across from Elizabeth. He was short with a pale powdery look to his skin, his hair almost matched being a white blonde. Causing his blood red eyes to stand out even more.

"Who are you?" Elizabeth spoke, hiding the fear in her voice.

The man stepped closer. "That is not of your concern, my dear. Now if you just come with me we will have no problems." He smiled devilishly.

Elizabeth knew right away, just by his appearance and strength, even his attire, that he was one of them. One of the cold, blood sucking, vampire creatures.

"I don't think so." She stood her ground sending a red psionic energy blast his way. But he expected it, quickly dodging it,

He let out a laugh. "So you want to make this fun for me, yes?"

Elizabeth sent another blast of psionic energy and another until she hit him hard. His body crashed against a large tree before falling to the ground. He lifted himself to his feet again revealing a crack on his forehead.

His fingers traced along the crack and his smile slowly faded to a glare, and within a millisecond he was in her face. He held her by her throat pushing her against a tree. Holding her so hard with her hands behind her back she couldn't move them as they were being crushed by his force and the tree trunk.

"Aro sends me to do his dirty work, claiming it will be easy. Offering all this reward. And for what? To be thrown around like a ragdoll by some pathetic new obsession of his?" He hissed. The man's red eyes stared into hers which held fear. Elizabeth was unable to breath at his strong hold.

The man raised an eyebrow at her. "I was never instructed I had to bring you back alive..." He trailed off smirking.

Elizabeth's lack of oxygen was getting to her as she started to see black spots in her vision. "They say witch's blood is only tempting when she bleeds. When her blood is exposed...." The man slowly brought his fangs to her collarbone before everything went black for Elizabeth.

Just before his teeth could sink into her skin, he was knocked meters away, far to the ground causing Elizabeth to fall from his hold. She coughed desperately breathing for air.

"Elizabeth, are you alright?" An all too familiar voice spoke wrapping an arm around her. Elizabeth looked up to meet eyes with him. The golden eyes held fear and worry in them staring down into hers.

"We have to get you out of here." Edward spoke carefully lifting her to her feet. In a sudden movement Edward was now tackled to the ground away from where they stood, causing her to let out a gasp.

The white blonde vampire held him face down on the ground, holding one of his arms in a position of breaking point.

Elizabeth acted quick, raising both her hands using one of them to pry away the man's grip from Edward's arm. Then lifting him completely off of the ground holding him in the air with her psionic energy.

The man had no control as he was in her hold now. She stared at him with anger, before slowly using her abilities to pry off the same arm of Edward's he'd held.

The man led out a blood curdling scream as she proceeded to rip off his arm and ripped off the other. Dropping her arms to her sides leaving him to fall hard to the ground below.

She let out a breath of relief seeing his lifeless body lie there

She let out a breath of relief seeing his lifeless body lie there. Edward made his way over to her reaching for her arm. He examined her for bruises or cuts.

"I'm okay" She said reassuring him.

He looked down at her still with worry clenching his jaw. Before Elizabeth could speak again a gust of wind and the rusting of bushes was heard from behind them. Elizabeth looked to see the rest of the Cullen clan each standing now observing the situation. They'd followed Edward after Alice's vision of the attack. With Edward being the fastest of course, he was the first here and at her side.

Alice quickly pulled out a lighter from her pocket, igniting it and tossing it on the body causing it to erupt in flames slowly turning it to ash

"Edward, I suggest we go before there might be any more out here." Carlisle informed.

Alice had a dazed look in her eyes as she spoke. "None that I can see of."

Edward nodded before looking to Elizabeth. The others fled back to their home quickly. Leaving the two behind for a moment.

Edward reached his hand out to her. "Let me take you away from here." Elizabeth only nodded taking his hand, he gently threw her on her on his back running fast back to the Cullen's home.