XVI. Always

Elizabeth soared through the grey clouds, her heart still pumping from the scene she'd just left. The red energy that glowed within her hands pushed her faster as she tried hard to concentrate on her thoughts. Her thoughts filled with confusion, shock, sadness, fear.

The many mixed emotions seemed to lead her somewhere she needed to be. Somewhere her subconscious somehow had brought her to. She lowered herself onto the dark grey balcony staring at her reflection of the glass French doors. Glancing at the cuts and scrapes that still bled along her body, she used her abilities to heal them just enough to where they were no longer open wounds. No blood in sight.

Her fingertips reached for the matte black handle of the tall doors before she stopped herself feeling the fear take over again. She let out a sigh and pulled her hand back with eyes shut and spun on her heels to prepare herself to flee the home she was debating entering.

"Elizabeth, don't go," The velvet voice she'd recognize in a heartbeat spoke from behind her.

She froze in her tracks still facing the other way as her heart skipped a beat at his voice calling her name. The girl turned to reveal the faint light of dusk hitting the perfectly sculpted face of his. His golden eyes that held worry, relief, hopefulness.

He of coursed peered into her green eyes feeling himself come alive again. Just the sight of her washing his worry away, relief overcoming him now. He reached his hand out to her desperate to feel her touch again.

Before she could even think about it, Elizabeth ignored Edward's outstretched arm and hurriedly embraced him into her arms. Edward was taken back by this, but only for a second as he wrapped his arms around her small frame holding her close.

A breath escaped Elizabeth's lips she hadn't realized she'd been holding. He took in her scent feeling the comfort of it surround him. He worried he held her too tight with his strength and loosened his arms but kept them around her. This only made Elizabeth tighten her own arms around him even more.

"You have no idea how worried I've been," Edward whispered to her with his eyes closed as they held each other.

Elizabeth only buried her face into his chest in response, breathing in his scent herself. The smallest of shivers went through her as the night time air had begun to surround them.

"Here come inside," Edward led them into his bedroom, closing the glass doors behind them. Finally looking up from their embrace Elizabeth noticed the large king size bed that now took over the majority of Edward's room.

She furrowed her brows in confusion taking a few steps closer to it. "I thought you didn't sleep?" She raised an eyebrow at him which only caused a small smile to begin to appear on his face.

"I was hoping you wouldn't mind spending some nights here with me," He looked to her with hopeful eyes. "Alice, of course picked out the bed for you,"

Elizabeth looked back at the white duvet, beneath it were dark grey silk sheets also covering the perfectly rounded untouched pillows. Much nicer than the small bed Elizabeth had gotten used to at her apartment.

"The love seat would have sufficed, you didn't have to go through this trouble," Elizabeth spoke.

Edward shook his head, "No, believe me Alice was more than happy to have an excuse to go shopping," He smiled stepping closer to her.