2: Cutting Ties

Agana shut the door of her rental car, walking up to the house in front of her.

"I know that you all are home. No use pretending otherwise."

Teenage Reneesme bolted out of the house, smacking into her friend. "Agana! You came back!"

"Yes, I did. I need to talk to your family, but not Jacob. Can you take him out for a while?"

Jacob appeared. "Already taken care of. I'll take young ears out and allow you free rein. We'll be back in an hour and a half."

"I'll be done in 30. Can I say goodbye when you get back?"

He nodded. Glancing back towards the house, he smirked. "They deserve what you're about to give them."

"Yes." Agana crossed her arms. "Thanks for your support. It seems you're the only one not blinded by instincts, at least not completely."

Jacob laughed. "I have my moments. Although I don't exactly agree with how you're going about this whole thing, I understand where you're coming from and your reasons. There's no excusing what any of them have done."

Agana shrugged. "Maybe so. Either way, I'm about to raise something that Ren has no part of. Scoot along and I'll see you when you get back."

He nodded, swinging Reneesme up on his back. "Sure thing."

He disappeared into the woods with his imprint, Agana standing still for a moment before heading inside.

"Agana, hello." Esme stepped forward nervously. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sure you are." Agana walked further into the house, finding the rest of the family in the living room, waiting for her. "Hello, all. I know you know why I'm here, so let's just cut to the chase."

"Agana-"

"Shut up Alice. I don't care what you think about what I'm going to say. And I sure don't care about what you see in my future. The moment you chose not to tell me what his response would be, is when you broke my trust." Agana plopped herself in a chair. "So tell me, who's idea was it to let me face the kings alone? I know that at least two of you knew what was going to happen and I want to know why you let that crap happen." She cast a semi-apologetic glance at Carlisle.

"I saw Caius' decision, and I didn't have time to warn you."

Agana scoffed. "You mean the entire hour that we spent sitting outside the throne room, you couldn't find one minute to tell me? And you, little telepathic sh-" she broke off as Carlisle cleared his throat. "And you, Edward, didn't care to tell me what was going to happen?"

He shook his head. "If you knew what his response was, would you have gone in?"

"Yes. And I would have been prepared for yet another heartbreak in my life. Instead, the one person you tell me should love me unconditionally, took what was left of my heart and crushed it. In front of the royalty of the vampire world. All the while, my so called 'family' sat outside, listening to the entire thing, and did nothing."

Carlisle frowned at Agana. "Do not blame those that were not there."

"Yes, sorry. You mean the ones that Alice told the day before we left?" Alice's eyes widened. "Yeah, Alice. For being a so-called seer, you aren't doing so hot. Aro told me he saw it in your memories. Bet you didn't see that coming."

Alice shook her head. "I'm sorry. I did what I thought was best."

"And once again, you forget that I have a mind of my own." Agana shrugged. "Anyway, for the reason that I came." She tugged a small object out of her pocket. "I'm here to give this back and say goodbye." She tossed the necklace across the room to Jasper. He caught it and his eyes widened.