5: The Volturi are Coming

Agana stumbled to a stop as the Cullen's house came into view. She braced herself against a tree as her vision darkened and she was sucked into a memory again.

"How'd it go?" Alice walked up to a stunned Agana.

"Caius is my mate." Agana looked over at Edward. "And he doesn't want me?"

Alice sighed. "It's to be expected. You are a human."

"Edward didn't seem to have a problem." Agana shook her head, waiting for Edward to come to her aid. "Wow, guys, I expected you to be on my side with this."

"We can't afford their fury again. Maybe if you were turned, we could negotiate something."

"I can't believe this! Aro has more love for me right now then you do! He at least wants to keep me for my gift."

"Agana, try to see it from our side." Bella stepped in, trying to calm the situation.

"No! Not one of you has tried to see this whole situation from my side! Stop being stuck up immortal pricks!"

"Enough." Caius appeared in front of her. "Take her to her room and lock her in there. She will learn her place."

Two guards stepped up, taking Agana's arms and guiding her away.

"You may leave. She will be fine." Caius walked away, leaving the Cullens to find their own way out.

Agana blinked, watching as two large wolves started to descend on her.

"Hold up!" She dodged one's jaws and sidestepped, avoiding the other's body. "Seth! Leah! I'm a friend!" She shrieked as one clamped its jaws near her face.

"Agana?"

"Jasper!" She ran over to him and used his body as a barrier.

"How...?" Jasper looked confusedly at the woman clinging to his arm.

"Long story short, I got kidnapped. And turned. Then I killed my sire and accidentally dropped his and his associate's heads when I was spying on the Volturi."

"So you want sanctuary?" Jasper turned to her as Leah and Seth headed back into the woods. "Does Caius know you were turned? Carlisle says the mate bond is destroying him."

"He's a stubborn fool. But that's not why I came. I don't need sanctuary, you guys do. They're sending a group of guards to figure out what you guys are hiding about my death."

"We thought you died in a car accident and that's what we told them."

"They don't believe you. They think you were in on this. Although, hopefully the heads I dropped will make them reconsider your guilt."

"Let's hope so." Jasper led the way into the house. They heard Reneesme speaking and he glanced back at Agana. "Did you feed recently?"

"No. I've been undead all of twenty four hours. And most of that, I was running across an ocean, trying to warn you guys about your impending doom."

"Agana?" Jake came into the the entryway, Reneesme following him.

"Surprise! I'm not dead!" She giggled as Ren propelled herself forward, flinging her arms around her friend.

"How?"

Agana rolled her eyes at Jake's question. "I'm gonna explain when most of the coven is here. I've already explained it once."