XXV. It Was Over.

act two: getting you back▌chapter twenty-five

▌chapter twenty-five .  .  .
it was over.

          Aisha called me and said our magic was acting funny because we never finished the convergence ceremony

Aisha called me and said our magic was acting funny because we never finished the convergence ceremony. "Sorry. It's all my fault." Musa said as we sat down.

"Not completely. You know your limits, Musa. You can't control that."

"Hey, you girls doing okay?"

"We're having the time of our lives, Riv. This is exactly where I wanted us to be."

"Oi, get a bloody room."

"Oh, fuck off, Craig."

"They hate us, don't they?"

"Well, of course they do. We're sitting in the middle of the track. It's obnoxious." Musa smiles as she looks at the other Specialists. "What?"

"It's just that I can see that they hate us, but you have no idea how nice it is that I can't hear it." Musa checks her phone. "Terra is on her way back."

"She's not kidding, you know. She won't stop until you get it back." I lay down until Terra got there.

"What am I supposed to do about it?"

"Tell her the truth."

"What do you mean?"

"Come on, Musa. I know what happened. I lied before. You weren't unconscious. I got there a few seconds before you were attacked. I saw you both come out. I saw you.. give it up." I sit back up. "Look, I would've stopped you, but I got attacked myself, and by the time I fought them off, it was over."

"You have no idea how hard it's been." I sob.

"My whole life, I've-"

"Of course I don't. Nobody does. Your life is your life. You can live it how you want. Fuck everybody else. The thing is I'm pretty sure people will understand that."

"I don't know if they will."

"Ready for extraction." Terra says.

"Please, don't tell anyone, Riv."

"We'd better hurry. Got a bit of a situation with Bloom."

Terra got us out and gave me the stone so I could discharge my magic. She started explaining what happened with Bloom. Aisha called me while I was walking with Riven. "Rosalind killed Dowling."

We meet everyone by the Barrier. My head started hurting.

*FLASHBACK*

"I am the Headmistress of Alfea. And there's no way I'm leaving the school in your hands." I get up.

"I know that. The rest of the world might believe it cause you made it sound so believable." Magnolia said coming from behind the shadows.

"Magnolia. Get over here this instant."

"Sorry. I'm afraid that's not possible, I only take orders from my mother. Oh shit, I forgot, you are my mother." I stood there speechless. "So you were probably covering this up too, right? Since the incident of last year it would be horrible for the Headmistress to have a daughter like that."

"Is that what Rosalind's told you?"

"No, she didn't have to tell me anything Mum. You know Rosalind's right. I think it's time for you to take a vacation." Magnolia used her powers to bury me in the ground.

"But I'm your mother."

"Heh. Good joke. You're only my mum when it benefits you. Goodbye Farah."

*PRESENT*

"Guys, Rosalind didn't kill Dowling. I did."

"What?"

"It was when Rosalind had me under her spell. She made me believe you guys left me to die. That none of you cared about me, that the whole reason my mum and dad didn't tell me I was their child was because of the Ricki Situation."

"Magnolia."

"I didn't remember til now. I've been getting pieces of my memory back but not all of them."

"We obviously can't tell Bloom, she'll kill you."

Stella bangs the barrier. "How did Bloom sound when you talked to her?"

"On edge. I told her she had to come to us first, that we had to discharge her magic and we'd figure out what to do about Rosalind, but.."

"But what?"

"Rosalind said she's gonna meet Bloom at the portal."

"We. Have. To. Find. A. Way. Out. Of. Here!" I said banging the barrier between words.

"Bloom isn't a killer."

"She may not be but who's to say her emotions won't get to her and the Dragon Flame doesn't come out. If Bloom thinks Rosalind killed Miss Dowling, she'll lose control."

Sky pulls me aside and hugs me. "I know this is a lot of information to process."

"Well, it certainly tells me something about myself. I am a killer."

"No, you're not. You are the most loving person I know, it was Rosalind."

"I don't know anymore, Sky."

"But I do. I believe that you aren't a killer, I know you aren't."

I begin to feel something. I groan in pain. "Mags!" Stella says. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know." I fall to the ground and I land on my hands.

I can hear someone. "On second thoughts, maybe I was wrong." I can see Bloom, she's conjured the Dragon Flame. It comes towards me.

I come back to my senses. "Bloom... what did you do?" I ask.

"What?" Stella said.

I run out the barrier and go to the graveyard. "I lost control."

"Bloom, you just killed Rosalind."