065. a kevin tran

Sam unwraps the piece of clay and puts it on the table of the abandoned house they're in. 

"That's a lot of fuss over a caveman Lego." Dean says.

"Yeah. Well, whatever Dick wants is bricked up inside that." Sam says.

"All right." Dean takes a mallet out. Sam gives him a pair of safety glasses which he puts on, Sam and Larissa putting their own pairs on, the two stepping back.

Dean hits the clay as thunder cracks. He hits it again, more thunder booming and now lightening accompanies it.

"That sound like somebody says, "No, wait, stop," to you?" Dean asks.

"Uh... yeah. Yeah." Sam nods.

"Yeah. Oh, well." Dean shrugs, hitting the clay multiple times until he gets through. He holds up a stone tablet that has signs on it.

~ ~ ~

Dean fell asleep and Sam and Larissa are still awake and trying to figure out what language the tablet is in. Sam watches Larissa attempt to hold in her seventh yawn within the hour. She fails miserably, just hiding the yawn behind her hand.

"Babe?" Sam quietly calls.

"Hmm?" She looks up at him.

"Go to sleep. I got this." Sam says.

"No. No, no, I am... I am totally awake. I can read. Never felt more alive." Larissa insists.

"Oh, really?" Sam asks.

"Mm-hmm." Larissa nods. She presses her lips together, her hand covering her mouth and Sam knows she's trying not to yawn.

"Lissy." She looks at him. "Go to sleep, please."

"I don't wanna sleep alone." She whines.

"I don't wanna read lying down." Sam says. Larissa huffs, resting her head on the table. Sam lightly pats her head in sympathy.

"C'mon." He says, grabbing all his stuff and then Larissa's hand. Sam slides their mat their over so it's against the wall. He sits down and grabs Larissa's pillow, putting it on his lap.

Larissa lies down and rests her head on the pillow. Sam puts all his stuff within reaching distance on the free side of him, resuming his research with one hand, his other playing with Larissa's hair.

"Are you sure this is comfortable?" Larissa asks.

"I'm good." Sam assures. Larissa sits up and pecks Sam before lying back down, easily falling asleep.

+++

It's the next morning and Sam and Larissa are sitting at the table while Dean is asleep on the floor still. Sam is watching the news on his laptop which seems to wake Dean up.

"Bobby?" Dean calls after seeing a cup by him rattle. "Bobby, that you?"

"Think so." Sam holds up the flashing EMF meter. "But that whole adventure at Roman's seems to have drained his batteries." Sam says.

"So, what? We start the storm heard 'round the world?" Dean asks.

"When we broke this thing open last night, every maternity ward within 100 mile radius got slammed. Looks like any woman in the last month of her pregnancy went into labor." Sam says.

"Hmm. This one goes out to all the ladies. So, heavyweight signs, omens -- what do we got?" Dean asks.

"I assume it's writing. But I've never seen anything like it, ever. And it doesn't match anything in any book or online." Sam says.