Prologue- Harsh Breakup

'This can't be happening; this can't...' Snape thought as he saw he looked at the test result Madam Pomfrey did.

"Severus... You're-"

"Pregnant. I know," He said, still in disbelief.

"I know you're still a young man at sixteen, but you have options here-"

"I'm leaving. I'll be back for those options later," He said, getting up from the hospital bed and leaving.

'Pregnant... Pregnant at sixteen! What am I going to do?? What is James going to do??!!'

Ah, yes. Severus' and James's secret relationship.

It all started after Lily's and Severus's fallout that began the unexpected relationship. Severus got caught reading a book in his usual spot in the forest, and James approached him. He wanted to get away from his bully, but James just sat down next to him. Confused, Severus looked wary until he realized that James wasn't actually going to do anything. Annoyed, Severus continued to read until he finished and rose to leave.

However, the entire time Severus ignored James, James was looking at Severus with lust in his eyes. Even with all the bad things he did to the boy with his friends, he soon develops a crush on him in his third year.

As soon as Severus got up, he saw him walking away.

This continued until the end of the school year when James apologized to him on the last day of school. It made Severus very prudent after that because he kept receiving mail from James throughout the summer.

They were from apologies to teasing to asking him out on a date. Severus would blush each time and give James a hard no, but James refused to accept it. After all, he was a Gryffindor at heart and mind.

Fortunately for him, Severus would soon start giving up on saying no.

Before school started for their sixth year, Severus finally agreed to date him on the condition that no one knew about it. That made James ecstatic, and they soon began their secret relationship.

At the beginning of the school year, they still see each other in secret rooms, detention, or the Room of Requirement.

As time went on, Severus and James began to have intercourse with protection as long they were careful.

However, one day, they were too drunk to have any protection on Valentine's Day. Severus woke up with a headache and wetness between his legs. It made him realize that they didn't use protection, and afterward, James woke up only to discover that.

They got up and didn't discuss what happened after that.

Over the last couple of weeks, though, Severus began to feel sick. At first, he thought it was some sickness lurking around the school. However, one week later, he still was sick, refused to eat, gets moody sometimes, and even began to forget things!

Eventually, he went to Madam Pomfrey to see what he had.

He described the problems he was experiencing and made Promfery concerned, which led to him doing a pregnancy test.

And the results said that it was positive, which means Severus is carrying James's baby.

'How am I going to explain it to James about it?' Severus thought, worries shivering around his body.

'I have to tell him. It's only fair he knows...'

~~~~~~

Late at night, Severus was waiting for James in the Room of Requirement.

He sends a secret letter to James to meet up with him at midnight at their location.

Although Severus was nervous, he hoped James would be okay with it.

'I just hope for the best...' He thought, clutching his stomach gently.

"Severus, there you are," James said, his tone wary.

"Hey, James," Severus said, getting up from the bed he was on.

"Look, there's something I need to tell you-"

"-I need to tell you something!" James interrupted.

"Oh, what is it?" Severus asked, now the one suspicious.

"Look... Sirius and I argued about our relationship. It turns out that he found out after I accidentally blurted it out to him. He made me choose between him and you by the end of the week, and..."

James got quiet, looking away from Severus.

"And what, James?" Severus asked, hoping that James doesn't answer something he'll regret.

"I chose him..."

When James said that, Severus's trust in him thoroughly shattered, which resulted in tears falling from his face.

"W-What...?" He whispered, almost silent.

"I chose Sirius. I-I don't want to ruin my friendship with him-"

"And here I thought you changed, Potter," Severus sneered.

James flinched and tried to reach out to him, but Severus took a step back.

"If this is what you want, then fine. We're through, James Fleamont Potter! Get the hell out of here, or I'll make you suffer badly!!" Severus threaten.

James left, leaving Severus crying in the Room of Requirement.

'If this is how it is, then good! I don't need him, not anymore!'

Severus holds his stomach together and lay on the bed he once hoped.

'I promise you, Potter, that you'll never see your kids until the day I fucking die!!!'

Once Severus stopped crying, he rubbed his eyes and sighed.

"I'll leave and never come back for you, you arrogant bastard..."

With a blanket wrapped around him, he could only think of one thing.

'I should leave Hogwarts for good...'