Hassas- Pt 4

*****

*****

Next few scenes are not necessarily in order. They're from the time when Mayza was married to Ahan!
.
.

They say marriage is supposed to be beautiful- a beauty with both ups and downs, with both smiles and tears, with both silly interactions to mildly serious arguments but what they never told to Mayza was how cruel fate could be at times, how a person would give everything to that one relation yet all she/ he ever got was blame, insults and mocking condolences.

She had been married to Ahan Ahmed for 8 months and throughout those months, many things had taken place- the most prominent was Mayza's loss of happiness and confidence.

She had never thought that saying 'yes' to a proposal that she thought would weave a fairytale of her own would turn into something so disastrous that even the thought of a happily ever after frightened her to the core. Her heart was scarred and her dignity was still waiting to re-built its foundations.

"Ahan, how do I look?"

It was their 6 months anniversary into the marriage and Mayza had planned a whole lot of things for the day. An outing at a nearby garden, a home-made dinner where she spent hours making every dish that he'd love and then spent the night cuddling and sharing little secrets that'd make the two laugh and giggle.

Mayza waited for a response as she stood in the emerald churidar with intricate designs of floral patterns interlinked through beautiful white and golden threads. She had put a great deal of effort in getting ready and her heart skipped a giddy beat on the potential compliments that her husband might shower her with.

Seconds passed and Ahan finally made the effort to look up from his laptop. His nose scrunched at the sight of Mayza dressed in traditional wear. Giving a light rub to his temple, he forced a smile on his face and Mayza saw right through the act. Her heart hurt at the reaction but it broke due to what he said next.

"Why that though? It's giving behenji vibes. Maybe something modern would do?"

Mayza found comfort in light traditional wear. She preferred dressing up according to her culture during special occasions but looks like more than a few habits of hers would be forced to change.

Not wanting to argue with him, Mayza gave him a broken smile and changed into something modernly formal. That too, did not get her a compliment but the appreciative nod that Ahan gave her made her feel accomplished.

But the real question here was, until when?

*****

Life had turned into a dark tunnel for Mayza. Her nights were spent in all the efforts to avoid any physical touch that might take place between her and Ahan. Yes, they had intercourse on their first night- the night when Mayza thought that the touch would make her feel most cherished, it left her feeling uncomfortable and with the thoughts of not-being good enough.