Chapter 3: Soulmate Class

A/N: Hi! It's been a while, huh? College is keeping me from writing, as usual. Anyway, this chapter is kind of filler, but it's still important for the concept of soulmates in this world, so yeah. Hope you enjoy!

---------

Momo was sitting at the dining table with a bowl of cereal while reading the news on her phone.

"Good morning," Mina greeted as she walked into the living room.

"Morning," Momo greeted without turning to face her cousin.

"What are you looking at?"

"Just the news."

"Ah, did something happen?"

"Nothing, it's all boring stuff. I feel like I would be less bored listening to a lecture in our soulmate class than reading this."

"Really? Well then, you're lucky that's today," Mina looked at her watch, "in about half an hour."

Momo put her phone in her pocket and took her last bite of cereal before getting up. "Yeah, thanks for the reminder, cos." She washed her hands and rinsed out the bowl.

Mina just nodded and went to grab her backpack. Momo did the same and they walked out of the apartment, Momo locking the door behind them. As they walked to class, Mina and Momo thought Sana was quite lucky, having already taken the required soulmate class as a sophomore. Students can take the class in any year, but it was generally perceived as better to take it as a first or second-year student if possible. So, yeah, Sana made a wise choice. She wasn't stuck in the same predicament as the other two, having to take it as upperclassmen.

They walked into the lecture hall where the class was held and sat down in the second row from the front on the left side. It was a classroom meant to fit around 125 students so it was nearly impossible to know everyone who was actually in the class. All they knew was that it was a split of about 60% underclassmen to 40% upperclassmen if the number of hands raised on their first day when the question was asked was any indication. At least they weren't alone.

The clock above the whiteboard read 9:25, five minutes until class started. Professor Park was already in the classroom, drawing on the whiteboard what looked to be a depiction of soulmate charm bracelets. After he finished, he turned on the projector and pulled up a powerpoint. The title slide reading: Lecture 2: Soulmate Bracelets.

"Soulmate bracelets, huh? I guess that's an interesting topic. Do you have yours?" Momo asked.

"Yeah, my parents gave me mine before I left for college, I don't really wear it though, it just sits in my desk drawer. What about you?" Mina asked.

"The same, I don't really bother with it unless I feel some type of way."

Mina grabbed a notebook out of her bag. "And what type of way would that be?"

"Sometimes I get an urge to know how it would feel to be with my soulmate, you know? I guess it gives me a sense of validation and security? Even if I don't exactly care about the whole prospect." Momo mimicked Mina's action and also grabbed a notebook.

"I can understand that."

The conversation dropped as the clock struck 9:30 and Professor Park started talking. They paid keen attention to what he was saying, they still wanted to get a good grade after all, even if they didn't have much stake in the topic.

"Good morning, class. As you can see, today we're diving into the topic of soulmate bracelets. But first, I have two questions, one unrelated to the topic and the other one directly related. One, do any of you believe that your soulmate could be potentially sitting in this class with you right now?" Professor Park asked.