Chapter 16: Dancing (With You)

A/N: Hello! I got a double update for you today! Hope you enjoy!

---------

The university's auditorium was much bigger than it looked from the outside. Many seats lined the inside and the stage in front looked intimidating, to say the least. It would be a lie to say that Chaeyoung wouldn't be at least a little bit nervous performing up there. But, that wasn't why she was here. She was here to watch a performance. A performance by the dance team to be more specific. She honestly didn't know what to expect. All she knew was that this seemed like a very organized production. The auditorium itself signified that, since it was where plays by the theatre department were held.

She looked at her ticket and found her seat, which was in the fourth row. A familiar face was seated next to her.

"Hey, Jiwoo," Chaeyoung greeted.

"Chaeyoung! Hey! How are you?" Jiwoo asked.

"I'm good, how are you?"

"Good! Are you here for the dance performance?"

"Yeah. Are you too?"

"Yep. I want to support my soulmate, after all."

"Me too."

---------

Standing backstage before performances was always nerve-racking. Even if they prepared as much as they could have for this, nothing could ever get rid of pre-performance jitters. Mina looked around at the other members who were all either calming themselves down or hyping themselves up. That was a shared sentiment she appreciated. She took a deep breath and shook her arms.

Momo called the team to circle up. She gave them the classic uplifting pep talk and assured them they would do well. Mina gave a few of her own comments as well and they put their hands into the circle.

"1, 2, 3, Go Tigers!" they chanted and raised their arms in unison.

They finally walked onto the stage and were met with an enthusiastic applause from the audience as they got into formation. A song started playing and the performance started. Everyone watched them in awe as they danced to a variety of different songs and performed choreographies. But, the audience was like specks of dust to the dance team whose main focus was their steps and the music.

Mina felt every beat as she moved in sync with the other members. From the slow build of some songs to the immediate boom of others, she let them all flow through her as her feet graced the stage. The movement of her body, the sound of the music in her ears, and the steady beat of her heart were all she paid attention to while on stage. She didn't even notice her soulmate was actually here watching her. Not to mention, how intensely she looked at her and the way she danced or the look of pure admiration on her face. Her only focus was on the routine. She had to make sure it was right. One misstep would mess it all up, and that was the last thing she wanted. Luckily, she was able to perform without any mistakes.

After the group performance ended, a few members performed solo, duet, or trio dances. She had one planned with Momo, but they had to end up scrapping it for time, which was favorable in the end, because they got to take a break and catch their breath.

Once those members finished, the rest came back onto the stage, and they all gave a bow to the audience while holding hands in a line. They received a standing ovation.

"Thank you for all of your support!" Momo yelled out to the audience.

The members filed backstage.

"Good work everyone! I hope you all get some much-needed rest, you all really deserve it. See you guys on Monday," Momo said to the team.