Chapter 53: The woods

I woke up disoriented

Everything around seemed to be spinning, but I got out of bed anyway.

I followed the voices coming from Killian's office and when I stopped at the door, my gaze fell on six people.

Two of them had nothing to do here for a few more days.

"Where are they?" I spoke and with that, drew their attention to myself. "Where's Killian and Lucy?" I said with a shaky voice, wishing it was all just a dream.

"You shouldn't be standing." Luna walked up to me and tried to grab me, but I pulled my hand away before she could touch me.

"Where are they?" I repeated more sternly, waiting for someone to answer me this time.

"I heard from some people about a plan to get rid of you. When I got here, you were gone. I found you passed out in an alleyway, but no one was there." Nyx spoke. "I took you here right away."

"Tell me you know where they are." I closed my eyes to stop the tears.

"Not yet." I looked up at Charles. "But we will find them."

I shifted my gaze to Kai and Sebastian. They were both looking at me and I wasn't able to look them in the eyes.

What did I do?

I turned and ran out of the study. I heard Luna yelling at me, but I just kept running.

I understand that I'm not a good person, but I don't deserve this. Lucy doesn't deserve this. Killian doesn't deserve this. Nobod does.

I didn't care that I ran barefoot through the back entrance to the garden. I didn't care about the tears that clouded my vision.

The only thing I could focus on was the emptiness in my chest.

I lost them.

I finally had someone and I lost them. Both of them.

How could this happen?

And again I experienced the same thing. Running through the woods in tears after losing everyone I cared about.

At some point I stopped. In the middle of the forest. I dropped to my knees and bowed my head.

How could I lose them?

"What do you want from me?" I looked at the sky, which was visible through the treetops. "What the hell do you want from me! Why can't I be happy at least once in my life!" My voice broke. "I just wanted to live." I whispered. "Why won't you let me?" More tears ran down my cheeks. "Why?" I exhaled shakily and lowered my head to the ground sobbing.

"He stopped responding to people like us a long time ago." I heard Nyx behind me.

"Go away." I got out of myself.