day three

wednesday

"you're joking right? someone likes tsukishima and it's not yamaguchi?" hinata whisper-yelled—well, tried to—looking behind him at the blonde who was warming up at a further bench.

short, touseled blonde hair, golden-brown eyes accentuated by his thick framed glasses, smooth, pale skin dripping with sweat, tall and lean build.

"i just can't see it."

nishinoya and tanaka both mentally facepalmed at their orange-haired friend's oblivion.

on monday, they both had somehow managed to collide into each other while racing up to their classroom and was sent to the nurse to patch up the bruises on their foreheads by their class representative.

on their way, they were chatting up a storm until nishinoya suddenly dragged tanaka back around the corner.

"dude, what gives?" tanaka furrowed his brows and made a gesture to whatever nishinoya just did.

harshly, nishinoya shushed him and discreetly pointed around the corner. "salt block at 10 o'clock."

as they both peered around the corner, sneakily might i add, they watched as tsukishima slid open his classroom door and leaned against the wall, seemingly talking to someone on the other side of the hallway.

"to what do i owe the pleasure?" tsukishima said sarcastically, sticking his hands in his pockets. there was a slight smirk on his face as he stared at the person across from him.

nishinoya and tanaka couldn't see who he was talking to because it would blow their cover if they had even moved their heads even an inch to the side to glance so they opted to listen in on the conversation instead, surprised to see tsukishima even talking to anyone who wasn't from the team.

a giggle left the person across from kei and the sound made both eavesdropping boys glance at each other knowingly.

that was most definitely a girl.

what was tsukishima doing talking to someone? a girl no less.

this was such juicy gossip that they couldn't afford to miss out on, and inform the team later.

"you act like you aren't happy to see me, cockroach." the girl's voice was soft yet sassy and sarcastic, just like tsukishima's. the way she spoke to tsukishima, they were sure if they did the same, they would be leading themselves to the grave.

fully expecting tsukishima to get mad, they braced themselves to jump into action to defend the girl from their teammate's onslaught of verbal abuse.

instead of the insults they expected, nishinoya and tanaka were both met with a small chuckle before kei responded with "because i'm not, tarantula."

"liar," the girl sighed dramatically before stepping forward into view and pushing forth a neatly wrapped box into tsukishima's hands. "so you don't starve."

the chaotic duo stared in awe as they saw the girl step into the light, revealing her identity. they couldn't see her face because her back was turned but they saw her hair and that was enough.

her hair was platinum blonde—lighter than tsukki's—at the roots then faded into a baby pink at the ends like an ombre effect. her hair was long and wavy, and had a few braids throughout it with cute charms and hair clips attached.

whoever she was, was absolutely beautiful.

and she gave tsukishima a bento box? it was clear to them who she was to the cold-hearted dinosaur boy.

the blonde looked down at the light green, cutely wrapped box before looking back up at her, his expression skeptical. "how do i know it's not poison?"

"because we have the same lunch." she rolled her eyes at the male and dropped the bento box into his hands. "later, tsukki." she waved as she began walking down the hallway, turning the corner and disappearing.

tsukishima was left in the hallway by himself and as both boys watched him smile to himself before turning back into his classroom, they had come to a conclusion.

tsukishima kei had a crush.