day six

saturday

tsukishima wasn't entirely sure what to do.

kaori had suggested earlier in the week for them to take some time and go to the new crepe shop so she could try out their blueberry and chocolate crepes. however, tsukishima wanted to get a strawberry shortcake since crepes were too small.

as much as he loved to argue with her, kaori seemed to always win disagreements about food and kei simply could not allow that to happen this time around.

not when his fluffy and fresh strawberry shortcake was on the line.

"listen to me, kei, you can get more crepes for the price of a single cake." the pink-haired girl tried to reason, locking her arm with his and pinching his bicep with her nails. "quantity over quality."

see? she had an argument for everything and usually kei would've simply followed along since kaori always found the most trending restaurants.

but with the opening of a new crepe shop, there was also a new cake shop just down the block.

kei yelped and lightly flicked her hand away. "you'd willingly eat numerous amounts of trash instead of a single delicious thing?"

"it's not trash! you're gonna still be hungry after a single slice of cake when you could use that same money and get about five crepes."

tsukishima rolled his eyes, already knowing what the money in his wallet would be used for despite kaori's nagging.

cakes over crepes, any day. this was the one thing he would absolutely not back down from with her.

usually, he went out with yamaguchi so they could buy pastries together but kaori had already set the date for them so it wasn't that much different. except she liked to argue with him and yamaguchi would settle for whatever kei wanted because they ate the same thing.

the girl huffed, releasing herself from hanging onto kei's arm. "you know what? you go to your shop and i'll go to mine. then we can meet back in the park so i can take pictures of our food and we can eat together."

that wasn't half as bad an idea, seeing as how they couldn't decide on where to go with each other.

tsukishima pushed up his glasses and glanced down at her, eyebrows raised.  "so i can't eat it as soon as i get it?"

"absolutely not."

"not even a bite?"

"not even a bite."

...

"so i can't even taste the icing or take a piece of strawberry?"

kaori groaned, grasping at her neatly done hair in frustration. "kei, if you so much as touch that cake, i swear—"

"okay, okay, got it." the blonde male laughed before gently removing her hand from her hair, smoothing down the flyaways as she would've wanted it. it was no use to get her upset so she would mess up her hair, it looked good today anyways.

she huffed softly, glancing up at tsukishima for a moment before spinning on her heel and walking down the sidewalk towards the crepe store with the everlasting line. "see you in an hour!" she called without turning to look back at him, a rosy blush on her cheeks.

kei stood in the middle of the pavement, watching as his girlfriend walked away before letting out a soft sigh of endearment. "in an hour."

then he turned in the opposite direction and made his way towards the cake store, which too had it's own long line of people waiting on the outside.