FIGHTER, R.A.

I apologize if this is difficult to understand, as I need to get stronger in my ability to incorporate they/them pronouns in my works !

TW // Gore/injuries
they/them prns

Y/N watched in fear as they cowered into the back corner of the alley, three mean boys coming their way. One was ginger and freckley, the other had brunette curls puffed out every which way. Y/N was scared.

One reached into the coat pocket of the other, taking a black shiny switchblade from it and holding it in his hand like it meant nothing. The showy knife made Y/N's eyes widen and back up further into their corner as if it was going to do anything but screw them over.

The ginger one laughed. "Scared, little one?" They poked fun at her age. With them being only fourteen and the two sixteen, it made them only an easier target.

The brunette one stepped forward, taking their neck in his calloused hand. "I say we cut it." The other cheered, holding the knife to their skin. Y/N didn't bother holding back their single tear, allowing it to roll down their cheek in agony.

"Hey," An unfamiliar voice was speaking. Y/N didn't think twice before taking this as an opportunity.

"Help!" She gasped, shuffling about and trying to get up as their two perpetrators held her down. "Shut the fuck up!" Someone whisper-yelled. Their mind was too focused on drawing attention to themselves and their situation that they didn't bother to see, or hear, who.

The boys let go. They turned around and stared before fleeing the scene, the anonymous boy's black switchblade laying on the ground beside Y/N.

Someone that looked a little older, maybe more mature, walked to her figure cautiously. They wore a green bandana and their hair touched their bare shoulders. They wore jeans and a tank top, and their skin was a little tinted.

Y/N fit the pieces together before seeing his face fully - it was Robin Arellano.

They hugged their legs close to them and flinched as Robin knelt in front of them. He lifted Y/N's jaw gently.

"Hey, hey.." He soothed, rubbing his thumb over her chin. "I'm not gonna hurt you."

Y/N had tears gleaming in their eyes. Robin let go of their chin and reached for her neck. Y/N froze.

He slid his index finger across a cut Y/N didn't know was there. He brought his hand closer to his face. "You're bleeding," He started, sheer anger hidden by softness behind his voice. "They cut you."

Y/N nodded. Robin took their hand. "Come on. Let me take you to mine," He suggested, helping them to their feet. "Get you cleaned up."

Y/N couldn't do much but give him a small, thankful smile, and nod.