Chapter 4: They're Back!

——————————🧹——————————

"Legend has it that the bones of 100 children are buried within these walls." Allison stated, as they walked by an old stone wall that surrounded the house.

"Oh great." Dani complained.

...

They walked up the steps that lead into the old museum and opens the front door. The place was covered in dust and cobwebs, and was incredibly dark.

"I can't see a thing." Dani reported.

"There's a light switch here somewhere." Allison said, feeling along the wall for it.

Max blew some dust off a display of lighters and picked one up and lit it. Allison found the light switch and the whole house lit up.

"So here's the original cauldron, and upstairs is where they slept." Allison began telling them all about the old house.

She walked over to a display case that had Book in it.

"And this is the spell book of Winston Sanderson. It was given to him by the devil himself. The book was bound in human skin, and contains the recipes for his most powerful and evil spells."

"I get the picture." Dani commented.

Max looked over at a candle that was on display.

"What's that?" He asked.

"It's the Black Flame Candle." Allison whispered.

Max walked over and read the plaque. "'Black Flame Candle. Made from the fat of a hanged man. Legend says that on a full moon, it will raise the spirits of the dead when lit by a virgin on Halloween night.'"

Max pulled out the lighter he took and held it up. "So let's light the sucker up and meet the old witches. Wanna do the honors?" He asked Allison.

Allison smiled and rolled her eyes. "No thanks."

Suddenly, a black cat jumped onto Max's shoulder and he let out a scream.

"Ah! Get him off!" Max fell to the floor and the cat jumped off of him. "Stupid cat!" Max snapped.

"Okay, Max, you've had your fun. It's time to go. Come on Allison." Dani said fearfully.

"Max, she's right."

"Oh, come on. It's just a bunch of Hocus Pocus." Max shrugged.

"Max, I'm not kidding this time, let's go!" Dani whined.

"Hey!" A voiced shouted making them all jump.

(Y/n) was standing in the doorway, an angry and scared look on her face.

"What are you guys doing here? You can't be in here." She scolded.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here?" Allison asked.

"Yeah, I thought you were on your way to work." Max pointed out.