Parents of Wei Wuxian (Part 6)

Once their three days of rest were over, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji come up with a plan on how to handle the beast in the pond. With the hard outer skin of their target, they wouldn't be able to do much damage.

"If we can't damage it from the outside, then perhaps we could do it from the inside. I'll sneak into it's shell as it rests, and force its head to pop up from the water. Once that happens you can use the Chord Assassination technique to finish it off."

Lan Wangji agrees with the plan and from there the two go about to gather their own set of weapons from the left overs left behind from the Wen Clan. Wei Wuxian creates a few massive collections of arrows tied together to create a bigger blow of damage should he use it. Lan Wangji used the bow strings to create a large string that would be big enough to tie around the beast's entire neck.

"Ready.....?"

"Mn."

"Let's go."

From above Xie Lian is watching with a troubled expression, but a hopeful gaze.

"Impressive, but risky. How will they be able to really kill that thing with just those tools?" Mu Qing asks.

"The Chord Assassination technique is what will kill the beast, " Hua Cheng says.

"Enlighten us, what kind of technique is that?" Pei Ming asks.

"According to what I managed to find through the butterflies, The Lan Clan from which that boy originates from use the Guqin as a spiritual tool. With the music they play, combined with spiritual power they create powerful waves of energy that can be used to exorcise, attack, or defend against ghosts, ghouls and creatures alike. The Chord Assassination technique is a form of execution with strangling of the neck with the strings from the guqin."

"That's impressive..." Xie Lian says. His eyes were shining and his hands were now held in fists of excitement and delight. He really found the new information to be something out of this world.

"They're about to begin their operation..." Feng Xin says.

All their attentions face forward as the two get into position. Wei Wuxian dives into the water first as he swims up to the beast with his eyes searching for an entrance into the areas underneath the beasts shell. He manages to squeeze his way underneath as he looks around to the amount of flesh that was being hidden under the sturdy cover. He cringes lightly to himself.

'Ugh...it's a good thing you didn't come in here Lan Zhan—it's disgusting.'

He carefully walks deeper into the shell as he moves layers of webbed flesh from all around. Upon looking further in he could see several larger masses. Larger perhaps may not be the right word—taller would fit the description. He steps further in and looks around carefully while doing his best to ignore the stench that was surrounding him. He turns around for a moment and becomes face to face with a decaying corpse. He gasps with a flinch of his body as he staggers back upon seeing it. He  makes a decision to quickly move, but then feels the area shift. He realizes that the beast was awakening. He rushes out from the shell as he jabs the collection of arrows into the flesh. Earning him an underwater flood of bubbles that were muffins a shriek. He exits the shell and swims as fast as he can when a flash of red catches his eye from a massive pile created from a mass of left over bones. He reaches in all while keeping his eye on the beast and grabs a hold onto a sword made of some form of iron.

Xie Lian feels his stomach turn. His hands rest over his abdomen as he watches. The sword they were looking at was something he shouldn't dare to touch.

Hua Cheng was thinking the same thing as he watched. His posture was different as he sat on his throne with his feet planted firmly to the ground, legs split apart, elbows resting on his knees—and his hands pressed together as in prayer before his lips. Neither one says a word as they watch what their son experiences next.