Parents of Wei Wuxian (Part 9)

Wei Wuxian lays still along the ground once the procedure is finally complete. His mouth is freed from Ruoye who doubles on the bandages by tightening along the opening in his body. His eyes are dark and his breathing is slow and steady. The bags under his eyes are visible and his skin is pale. Wen Ning is left to care for him as Wen Qing takes to handling Jiang Cheng up to where he was meant to stop at the top of the mountain. There she would treat him for a little while longer until he was fully healed.

Wen Ning kneels to Wei Wuxian and presses a cold towel to his cheek.

"Young Master..."

His eyes glance over to him slowly.

"You did a brave thing...."

He lightly smiles and stares back up at the sky.

"I....am hoping that is what I did. Let's pray it doesn't go to waste...and that he makes it through everything..."

"But what about you...?"

Wei Wuxian chuckles as his eyelids begin to weigh down toward his cheeks.

"Me...? Hmph...I'm fine being a commoner...."

His strength dies down as he finally manages to fall asleep after having to stay awake for so long.

On the other side of the portals everyone is rendered speechless. Madam Yu is silent. Jiang Fengmian is in tears. He Xuan is dumbfounded, and Yin Yu is dreading the day when the Wens fully perish because he knows that his master will take out all of his rage onto them. He will be sure to curse their bloodlines for many years to come. All eyes move to the Ghost King who was sitting with his head hung low as tears continued to shed down his cheeks. When was the last time he ever cried so much? When he was desperately looking for his God? When he had dispersed for another time before his God? When they reunited after a year?

He was fairly good at hiding his emotions, but when he was vulnerable they would be so easy to see. And it was just something that none of them were used to.

"San Lang...."

His head lifts up slowly to look to Xie Lian who appeared to be in just as much distress as him. His eyes swollen and red from shedding his fair share.

"San Lang...he's— he'll be okay..."

Hua Cheng nods his head lightly and takes a deep breath in.

"He knows....he knows we're here....he knows..he's not alone...we—we just need to keep believing in him. Believing that he will be okay...."

He Xuan sighs and decides to step in to speak as he found all of this far too hard to watch.

"Look I'm not one to talk or say anything because this isn't my kid. However, believing in him is fine. But you have to remember his mind is probably not in any type of way shape or form stable. He may seem proud of himself now, but inside he's surely dying. You two are witnessing your child's smile dying. Don't feel the need to just pretend and feel all calm or force yourself to be calm. Fucking burst into a fit of rage. Don't hold yourselves back when it fucking hurts."

Hua Cheng sighs heavily.

"How grand you said something intelligent for once."

"I will leave you and your gates to rot. Be grateful I'm even trying to help you. I could have slept on my own in my territory without much worry. Be glad I'm here."

"Did I ever say I wasn't grateful? I was even considering lowering your debt, but you sound like you want an increase."

He Xuan folds his arms and turns his head with a scowl. He really didn't want to say more.