O14

ROSE'S WATCH WOULD NOT STOP VIBRATING.

She was tempted to take it off, but a part of her was too attached to do anything about it. She saw multiple messages from Riven, but supposed it was just him informing her of the mission was going.

"It's never a good sign when the power goes out," Bella muttered.

"What?" Rose looked at her friend.

"I'm just saying," she shrugged. "Remember the last time that happened? Rosalind was set free, and burned ones were let loose in the school. Let's hope nothing bad happens this time."

Rose stared at her, fear growing in the pit of her stomach.

"I'm not lying," Bella said, opening the curtain's to let the moon's light in.

"I know," Rose told her, checking the messages from Riven. "That's why I'm worried."

"What happened?" Bella asked her, leaning over to try and read the messages.

Rose stared at the messages, her brain piecing things together into a situation she didn't like very much.

"Riv said there were no Blood Witches," Rose told her. "Someone tipped Sebastian off."

"And?" Bella prompted. "What's going on in that big brain of yours?"

"And now the lights went out," Rose told her. "Sebastian's nowhere to be found, and the power is out in the one place where there are more fairies than anywhere else."

Bella stared at her, "Fuck."

"I need to text Riven," Rose muttered, sending him a message. "I'm probably overreacting, but it all seems too fishy for my taste."

A scream sounded from the corridor, followed by another one in their suite.

"I think you're reacting perfectly fine," Bella said, running to check what was happening.

A scraper had attached itself to Evangeline, glowing purple as it sucked out magic from her. The rest of their suitemates stood back in shock, unaware of how to handle this situation.

Rose grabbed a knife from the table and let it fly, watching as it buried itself in the scraper. The scraper lifted it's head from Evangeline's neck to hiss at Rose.

Rose grabbed another knife and cut the scraper in half.

"I would go quietly if I was you," a voice said to her.

Rose watched as a scraper sat on Bella's shoulders, it's mouth near her neck. Specialists stood with their blades pressed against the throats of the rest of her suitemates.

"Drop the knife, sweetheart," Sebastian stepped forward. "I wouldn't want this to get messy."

Rose let go of the knife, it's clatter ringing through the silent suite.

"That wasn't so hard now, was it?"

ROSE STARED AT THE NEXT FAIRY BEING DRAGGED AWAY.