Stupidly Drunk

SONG REQUEST FOR THIS CHAPTER: DANDELIONS BY RUTH B.

443 Words

I drag his flimsy body through the front door and slam it shut with my foot behind me. The stench of alcohol surrounded the entire room. We walk to his bedroom and I carefully drop his body on his bed.

"You've got to change out of your clothes, Bucky." I insist.

"Fine." He grumbles.

I pull off his shoes and place them next to me, creating a pile of clothes I'll wash for him in the morning. Once all his clothes are off and he's left in his boxers, I walk over to his wardrobe and turn back around to face him.

"What pyjamas do you want?" I ask.

"Favourite."

Knowing what he means, I pull out my favourite shirt of his and some grey sweatpants. I help him into his clothes and tuck him into bed, kissing his forehead and walking over to the door. Before I can leave, he grabs his phone and speaks.

"Beautiful."

I walk back to his bed and sit on the end of it.

"Buck, you need to go to sleep."

"I couldn't help it, look." He shoves his phone in my face to show me a photo. I back up slightly to see the picture and see it's of me.

"Beautiful, right?" He beams down at his phone.

I laugh at him and nod my head. His body flops down on his bed and he exhales.

"What's wrong, Buck?" I ask.

"I'm scared." He admits.

"Of what?"

His eyes stay fixated on the ceiling as he talks to me. He tightly holds onto his phone as If he lets go, it would disappear.

"Of telling her."

"What's going on, Bucky?"

He finally looks at me and frowns. I start to panic about his answer and place my hand on his thigh which is covered by his blanket. His eyes follow my movements and he smiles. Once again, he looks at his phone and stares at it with loving eyes.

"I'm gonna marry them." He says to his phone.

I stay sat frozen on his bed with my eyebrows raised and my mouth open ajar. My mind can't wrap around what he is admitting. Again, he flops down on his bed and pulls the blanket up his body. He turns his body sideways and pulls his phone into his chest, hugging it. Just like before, I kiss his forehead and tell him goodnight. When I left his room, an uncontrollable smile spread on my face. With his clothes in my hand, I walk over to his couch and get comfortable, thinking of all the possible ways I'm going to talk to him about it in the morning.