002. cry of pain

Chapter two ✴ Cry of pain

TROUBLE SEEMS to follow Giselle since she met Percy Jackson. After going with him on a quest to retrieve the lightning bolt, the girl couldn't catch a break for just a second. She loves her best friend, don't get her wrong, he's the person that understands her the most beside her cousins, but he really needed to stay put and not run away from them.

"He really needs to stay out of trouble," Annabeth mumbled as she, Giselle, Thalia and Grover ran though the empty halls of the school, trying to find where Dr. Thorn has taken their friend and two unclaimed demigods.

"Ann, it's Percy we're talking about," Giselle said, pushing the heavy doors of the school open.

They ran outside, following footsteps they saw were left in the snow. The woods had opened up. The four of them crouched down behind the bush, watching the monster's back. Giselle could see a cliff overlooking the sea in front of the monster and Percy, Bianca and Nico standing close to the edge.

"The package ─ it is ready to deliver." said Dr. Thorn.

There was a garbled reply from what the brunette could make out, and she realized Thorn was in walkie-talkie mode.

Percy glanced behind him.

Dr. Thorn laughed. "By all means, Son of Poseidon. Jump! There is the sea. Save yourself."

"What did he call you?" Bianca muttered.

"I'll explain later," Percy said.

"You do have a plan, right?"

The boy didn't answer.

"I would kill you before you ever reached the water," Dr. Thorn said, "You do not realize who I am, do you?"

Giselle's eyes went wide as she saw a flicker of movement from in front of her and a missile whistled close to Percy's ear. Something had sprung up behind Dr. Thorn ─ tail.

Shit.

"Unfortunately," Thorn said, "you are wanted alive, if possible. Otherwise you would already be dead."

"Who wants us?" Bianca demanded. "Because if you think you'll get a ransom, you're wrong. We don't have any family. Nico and I. . ." her voice broke a little. "We've got no one but each other."

"Aww," Dr. Thorn said. "Do not worry, little brats. You will be meeting my employer soon enough. Then you will have a brand-new family."

"Luke," Percy said. "You work for Luke."

Dr. Thorn's mouth twisted with distaste when Percy said the boys name. Giselle's jaw tightened, her face empty of any expression as she heard a name of her old friend that tried to kill them all on multiple occasions. She never wants to think about that boy again ─ someone who she used to look up to, someone who taught her what she knows, someone who she trusted first. She hated him, never wanting to see him again.