1 - Why Me?

╒══════════════════╕

"I told my whole team they we're losers"

╘══════════════════╛

"How...."

You breathed hard, as droplets of sweat poured down your face. The loud cheers and cries of the crowd seemed muffled, as a soft ringing took its place. It took a moment to remember where you were, and what had just occurred.

This was the Japans U-20 women's soccer final. You had 1 minute to score to tie up the game to put it into overtime. The goal was right there in front of your eyes, it was a breakaway, wide open.

If you hadn't passed it, you would be the one celebrating right now.

You would be the one on the top. 

You would be the winner.

"She fucking missed.", you gritted your teeth together as you felt a hand make its way to your back.

"Y/N..."

"Y/N...."

"Y/N!!!"

The loud call of your name broke you out of your trance, swiveling your head around to see your teammate resting a hand on your shoulder.

"It's alright y/n...it's not your fault...", she smiled sorrowfully, "You'll win next time, I just know it."

That's right, this was Yui's last game with you. She will be leaving the team soon.

As she said those words, everything came crashing down on you like a ton of bricks. On top of all the emotions, you felt, anger overcame it all.

"You're right, it's not my fault.", you brushed Yui's hand off your shoulder and began storming toward Hina.

Before anyone could object, you let all intrusive thoughts take over, and shoved Hina over roughly, causing her to let out a loud yelp, and trip over her feet.

There was no redeeming yourself now, so there was no need to hold back anything.

"What the hell Y/N?", she screamed as she looked up at your face.

You glared down at her with an ice-cold glare, "How did you miss the goal? It couldn't have been more than 4 feet away." Your voice was monotone and filled with dissatisfaction as you questioned her previous actions.

Hina had a look of disbelief, before contorting her face into a frown, "Everyone makes mistakes Y/N, sorry if you just can't accept that."

In this situation, that was the worst thing she could have possibly said. Your other teammates' attention we're all drawn toward the commotion between the two of you now.