Ch 2: Demon Meets Devil

My name is Tahm Kench the river king. Once humans believed there was god in this river and everyday people will come and pray. At that I was nameless little demon who was just born but none stopping visits of humans who was filled with addiction, desire and despair I feed with them and grown up quickly into charming demon I am today.

While using offerings of some people as a capital I start self-study every night I will go to town library secretly and buy or steal books. After long periods of self study I finally started business.

After very very long time of business and hard work later I finally reached my goal! Now I become one of world is biggest casino is owner. Everyday hundreds of people who is addicted in gambling and in despair because debt will come here and feeds me with that.

And today is weekend just as what I do in every weekend I will swimming in my homeland where I opened my eyes the river. If I am lucky I will even catch some free food.

*Sniff, sniff.*

I smell something. I am familiar with this smell the smell of blood and flesh. Looks like today I'm gonna have a free food. I liked my lips and swim toward where smell come from.

...

Finally after few minutes swimming I finally reached where food was. It was body of young man surprisingly still intact of course there was little amount blood covering him but strangely they emitted really delicious scent.

He slowly get out from river and walked towards body. I opened my mouth and was ready to take a small bite. But suddenly young man is arm stretched impossible to humans and hit me on stomach. I felt pain. Pain that I never felt in my life. Even fighting against Evelynn didn't made me felt this much pain.

This pain is not physical it's more like directly from my soul. Did this human just directly attacked my soul? Is he holder of Demon Slayer Sword? No he didn't use sword and I will recognize that smell directly if I smelled it.

Demons are immortal that's true they are spiritually immortal it's their one of greatest advantages also weaknesses. Because our immortality is little different from what others think. We aren't completely unkillable you see we can be sealed and if you seal us long enough we will start lose our selves and finally become some kind of puppet like thing then others can absorb us.

And there is another way destroy our souls if you do this we demons won't die but our souls will shatter into many many pieces and will slowly collect ourselves and that's where trouble come from. Shattered pieces of souls can be fused not only it's other pieces but also other souls. Two different kind of demon souls can be fused together and become brand new demon soul and that's what we call new generation demons.

Truth is expect original ten demons other demons either created by them or born from their soul pieces fused with each other. Stronger the demons are more soul pieces they will have after their 'death'. But that also doesn't mean they are dead. Once soul is energy level reached certain level you can reborn which we all call it 'incarnation' or 'birth'.

Number of soul pieces in high-level demons are huge so it's not hard for them find their original soul pieces and reborn as a their original form. Like Evelynn she killed by Lilith in her spirit form and her soul shattered into pieces but in the end didn't she come back to life and now become superstar? Anyway this kind of things not late if you talk about it little later.

Young man who was supposed to be dead suddenly get up. He twisted himself inhumanly few times before looked at me. He has (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes in height he is about 180-185 cm. When I looked at his eyes I felt it. I felt something familiar something I didn't felt for a while. Something that I almost forget in long life of mine. Fear, I felt fear after looking at his eye.

In my whole life I only felt this emotion only two times. First one was from man who once come after my head. It was from his sword to be exact it was sword made by flesh and blood of thousands of demons and resentments of thousands of souls that killed by demons. It was Demon Slayer Sword. Second time was when I was facing against one the original ten Fiddlesticks. It was completely crushing defeat I was lucky to escape from it though.

Young man smiled and start walking towards me. I felt horrified this emotion comes from deep inside my soul. It was feeling when bottom of food chain saw apex of all creatures. I felt dark aura is coming out from him following dark aura everything around me start decay.

 I felt dark aura is coming out from him following dark aura everything around me start decay

Even water in River start change it become black and become goo like. Young man no I should say monster front of me slowly come front of me and placed his palm on my shoulder.

*Thud.*

I knelt down I don't know why but my body knelt down it's own. Monster front of me looked at me then closed his eyes. After that dark aura slowly goes back into his body. When dark energy fully disappeared he was in completely different clothes.

 When dark energy fully disappeared he was in completely different clothes

"Tell me Tahm Kench where am I now?" Monster asked me. I gulped my saliva and said in low voice: "W-we are in Dark Forest my lord. Forest that is not far away from Piltover."

"I see." That was only answer he give me. Then I heard buzzing? I heard thousands of buzzing sound is heading towards. When I looked around thousands of flies were heading towards monster front of me. They covered him completely after few seconds when they fly away monster was already gone. I don't know why but I have feeling I will meet that monster soon. Even this thought alone gives me goosebumps.