Chapter Nine

After a long hot shower, Sophie put on some comfortable shorts and a Tampa Bay Rays crewneck.  She was meeting everyone in the common area to hang out soon.  It seemed that dogfight football was exactly what the team needed to come together as a unit.  Jake even said that he was going to formally apologize to Bradley and put whatever beef they had behind them, for the sake of Sophie.  They both knew that their rivalry took a lot out of her and after eight years, she had finally reached her breaking point.

There was an unexpected knock on Sophie's door.  She looked at the time on her phone, she wasn't running late and she had no plans to meet up with anyone before.  She opens the door to a cheeky-looking Rooster who was leaning against the door frame.  He was wearing another Hawaiian shirt with khaki shorts.

Sophie props her arm against the door, slightly blocking him from coming inside.  She looked at him amused, "Do you ever wear anything besides Hawaiian shirts?"

He looks her up and down, noticed her crewneck, and mentally rolled his eyes.  She'd look much better in Phillies red and blue.  Rooster pushes past her arm and shuts the door behind them.  "Are you ever going to wear any Philadelphia gear," he counters.

Sophie pretends to think about it before sucking in a breath, "Probably not."

Rooster puts his hands on her waist and pulls her to his body.  His fingers play with the waistband of her shorts, making her breath hitch.  He smirks at the effect he has on her and leans down beside her ear.  "Too bad," his breath tickles the side of her face.  His lips are centimeters away from touching her skin and all she wants to do is pull him down and have their bodies together, but she refrains.  "You'd look fucking hot in a Phillies or Eagles jersey."  His voice was low and husky, causing her to bite down on her lip.

Shit.  This man would be the end of her.

Sophie frantically pulls him in for a kiss, suddenly not caring that they had somewhere to be.  She starts fidgeting with the shirt she was just teasing him about a minute ago and slides it off of him, dropping it on the floor.  His cheeky ass smirks into the kiss; he knew exactly what he was doing to her, but she's enjoying herself too much to stop and say something about it.

"Jump," he says into her ear.  She does and wraps her legs around his waist, moving her lips behind his ear while he leads them to her bedroom.  Bradley groans when Sophie licks his earlobe after showering it with kisses.  She nibbles on his ear before moving to suck on his collarbone.

Rooster moves his hand to her back and unclasps her bra in just a couple of seconds.  She pulls away for a moment so he can remove her shirt and bra.  Reconnecting their lips, he lies her on the bed and climbs on top of her.  Rooster caresses her breast, making her throw her head back and arch her back toward him.  Sophie hadn't planned on having sex before she met up with everyone, but here she was, and she didn't have one complaint.  She'd choose Bradley over anything almost every single time.  She loved being with him and she loved the way he made her feel.

He looks up and gives her a messy kiss before looking into her eyes.  "You looked fucking hot on the beach today."  His eyes were dark and filled with lust.  His hands slowly trailed back and forth on her hips, teasing her.  Normally, she loved foreplay and teasing but she felt they had done enough of that on the beach today during the game.  She was done with that now.  She wanted him too badly and Bradley knew it.

"Oh, just shut up and kiss me."

"Yes ma'am."

***

Bradley and Sophie both had an arm wrapped around the other until right before they got to the common area where they were meeting everyone else.  He gave her one more kiss on her forehead before they walked in together.  Even though everyone knew that the two were hooking up, they preferred to keep things professional in front of their colleagues and at work.  Besides, it's not like they were dating or anything.