♡Chapter-15

Mending Heart

Aalia's Pov

(1 week later)

It's been one week since I talked to Adnaan. I never had the guts to text or call him. I was too afraid of what I would say if he asked me about the reply for his letter. My college started 5 days ago and I was having my internals going on. Hana left 2 days ago. Her grandfather was really sick and she wanted to take care of him. It clearly means that I can't talk to her or visit her for a while as she was staying at her grandparent's house. I was trying my level best to concentrate on my studies as I didn't want to disappoint my parents. It was already 11:52 at night. I was sitting in front of my study table trying to study the portions as per my study timetable. I think I have been studying well because I had nothing else to do other than studying. I visited Iqra once in every two days and she would help me with my problems. Her talks will heal my wounded heart. I looked at the time and continued my studies.

I woke up hearing the most annoying sound. Yah! Alarm. I dressed up for my college and took my bag. I walked downstairs.

Actually I am all alone at home. Mom and dad were out to attend a marriage function.

'Mom I am leaving. Tell dad that I left. As I said already, I am having my internals. It will be till 12:30. After that I will stop at Iqra's café. Take care. Love you guys.'

I texted my mom.

I took my car key and locked the house. Getting into the car, I tried to start the engine. It seemed like there was something wrong with my car. I tried to start the engine again but ended up getting nothing. It was then Hassan came and knocked on my car's window.

"Everything good?" Hassan asked.

I opened the window.

"I actually don't know what the problem is but I think there is something wrong with my car." I explained.

"Should I drop you at the college?" Hassan asked.

"Can you? " I asked him.

Hassan nodded and opened the door for me.

"Wait. Let me fetch my car key. " With that he went into his home.

I waited for a while and he returned back.

"Get in. Let's leave. You may get late. " Hassan got into the car.

During the ride, I wanted to ask him something but I was afraid how he would react to it.

"Do you have something to ask me? " Hassan asked.

"Why did you ask? " I asked.

"Haven't I told you that you are too obvious?" Hassan said, looking at me.

"Yah. Actually I have something to ask." I mustered up my courage.

"Ask. " Hassan demanded.

"I will ask you at the right time. " I tried to sound convincing.