Chapter 70 - Where's My Son?

Even though he felt his heart pound against his chest, his breath stuck in his throat to the point that he felt his throat clamp, he reached forward to Molly. His quivering fingers tilted his head, but he hadn't been prepared to meet his rigid gaze, the light in his eyes completely gone. Swallowing hard, he placed his fingers against his neck, attempting to find a heartbeat, and he felt his eyes grow teary when he couldn't find one. His skin had grown an odd shade of purple and even though he had been hopeful, there was no doubt that he was dead.

His green eyes had never seem so dark before, the vibrancy in his ginger curls completely having vanished. The reason why this death hit him worse than any he had ever seen before was because Molly was so small, so fragile. He didn't have to humongous genetics of his father and he had always been soft spoken and reserved, an introvert with an unimaginable brilliance. He didn't even have a choice about being in this world, and to be killed mercilessly like this?

Raphael felt a tear leak along his cheek.

"There has to be a way to get his heartbeat back, right?" Raphael glanced at the rest of their family, his eyebrows raised. The desperation was clear on his face as he didn't even pay attention fo Wolf's men anymore. "If we get him to a hospital, they could use a defibrillator to restart his heart, right?!" Raphael pulled Molly closer to him and again tried to listen for a heartbeat, placing his ear on his chest. "We can still get him back."

"Well then, one down," Wolf laughed, pointing to each of them and then adding, "six more to go. I should say five but," he stepped towards Tyler whose eyes were consumed with fear, "I consider you apart of them—"

"You bastard!" All their gazes shifted to Reno who attempted to push the bodyguard from on top of him with no success. Although he attempted to hide it, his glinting eyes overwhelmed with tears were visible to all of them. "He was just a kid!"

"No he was not," Wolf hissed, his eyes narrowing instantly.  

"Fifteen years old!"

He rolled his eyes. "He's already committed murder."

"He recently got comfortable enough to tell us he was a boy!" Reno's teeth gritted for a moment before he growled, "He was just figuring out who he was! And you killed him like this?!"

Wolf stayed quiet for a moment, observing the rage escaping Reno's gaze. He didn't answer for a little while, taking a sip from his glass of rum, the smile still remaining on his face. Then, he shrugged his shoulders and sighed. "You should've kept a closer eye on him then."

"I swear, the minute I'm out of this, I'm going to torture you so bad you'll wish you never called yourself Wolf."

"Oh," Wolf scrunched his nose, glancing around the room and noticing a few of them had tears in their eyes, "a little feisty." He took another sip from his glass before pulling his jacket off of him, and that was when they finally witnessed his build. He was toned, definitely in shape and it was apparent he was prideful of it as he unbuttoned the top of his shirt all the way to the middle of his chest. He exhaled a long sigh and closed his eyes, turning his back to them, which was a mistake he almost would have regretted. "Listen, I understand this kid's death is harsh on you all, but let's be honest, he was useless—"

"Boss!"

At the exact moment that Lucius' knife was about to pierce the neck of Wolf who had been mindlessly walking the opposite direction, a hand stopped him. That was when Wolf turned around and realized that Lucius had been able to defeat his bodyguard, swiftly slash his throat and stealthy approach Wolf without him even hearing his footsteps. He had been terribly quick that even the other bodyguards only had time to call for his boss when he was near him, and it had almost been too late.

It wasn't the fact that he was stopped that shocked them all, it was by who he had been stopped.  Tyler raised an eyebrow as she gasped, "Thomas?"

With one jab, Thomas disarmed Lucius and threw him down on his chest, holding him still.

"Phew," Wolf breathed, faking as if he was wiping sweat off his forehead, "that was a close one. We gotta keep an eye on that one, he's a little stronger than the others."

"Thomas, you're apart of Mariah! We came in here together! What are you doing helping Wolf's side?!" Tyler shouted.

"You saved my life," Wolf grinned at him, patting him on his back before turning his attention to Tyler. "He infiltrated Mariah for me a long time ago, so I have eyes everywhere. That's how I knew you were headed here today." He widened his arms and shrugged his shoulders, motioning towards the rest of her family. "And because he told me you were headed here, I assumed that the rest of your family would be here too. It was a lucky guess but, it definitely worked." After a short chuckle, he knelt down in front of Tyler, reaching for her chin as she growled at him.

He paused, observing her raging glare and gritted teeth, and he felt more adrenaline rush through his bones. These types of moments was what he craved, being in control of people's lives as if they never mattered; their fate was all in his hands. With a snap of his fingers, he could easily put a bullet through all their heads, but where would be the fun in that? He loved this power, seeing the grit to survive in all their faces.

He snorted, lifting his chin. "I'm pretty smart, aren't I? Almost as smart as your dead brother." After straightening his spine, he announced, "So the person to blame for his death and your family getting caught is actually you, Tessa."

There was a silence that filled the air, a tension that none of them had ever felt before. Until Bronsted finally spoke up for the first time ever since their capture. "I prevented Reno from killing you so many times but after hearing this," he scoffed, shaking his head, "if I make it out of this alive, you're the first person I'm killing."

"I'll help you with that," Reno added in disbelief, staring at an embarrassed Tyler who eyed elsewhere but their disappointed faces.

"If I get to her now, she's dead meat," Lucius growled, no longer resisting to Thomas.

"Alright too much talking, let's get down to business." After chugging the rest of his glass and headed for the bar. "Let's play some music, shall we? We're about to get this party started!"

Behind the bar, he poured himself another glass of a rum mixture before reaching the stereo and raising the volume. He hated the modern tunes, switching over and over until he reached one station that played Whitney Houston. His eyebrows raised in passion as he began twirling across the floor, widening his arms and humming in a low pitch to her voice, before stepping in the center where all of the Hercules' family could see him.

A long smile brightened his face. "Here's the deal, my friends." His eyes shifted between all of them, nodding his head at a struggling Tyler and chuckling at the flaming Reno. "My son has been missing for quite some time. I know you all know him. Jules, Jules Dayne."

Eric's eyes widened, turning to Draco as he whispered, "That's why he showed up. Wolf would never show up at a small base like this one, but it's because of Jules—"

"Shh, shut up," Draco hissed.

When Draco noticed Reno's stare become pale, he pointed to him. "Aha, got you. So you guys do know where he is, right?" He began his pace, walking in a circle and approaching each one of them for a second before moving along. "He's my most cherished possession and I want him back. So tell me," he stopped in front of Reno before leaning forward and asked, "where's my son?"