Chapter 1: Celebration and Tragedy

(Asta's p.o.v.)

  My name is Asta Aizen, son of Licita and Sosuke Aizen, king of Hueco Mundo, the realm of the Hollows. I about to turn 15 and my parents wanted me to celebrate my birthday along with some of the Arrancars of Las Noches who I had befriended since I was little. So, we all decided to go visit the World of the Living, where my mom lived as a human, and met my dad. The reason I chose to celebrate my birthday there, is because after watching humans after so much of my life, I wanted to be able to interact with them for the first time. For this occasion, I went to Hueco Mundo's top researcher to make a request. I entered the laboratory to see a tall, thin man with pink hair, amber eyes, wearing glasses, a white long sleeve shirt, gloves, and a white hakama.

   This man is Szayel Aporro Granz, Espada number 8, and the top scientist in Hueco Mundo

  When a Hollow is reborn as an Arrancar, they're given a number from 10 onward according to the order of their birth. The numbers 0 to 9 are reserved for those who have proven to be exceptionally skilled fighters. The lower the number the more powerful they are. These 10 are called the Espadas, and as proof of their rank, their designated numbers are tattooed on their bodies. They have the authority to command the rest of our military.

  Back on topic, Szayel Aporro noticed that I entered his lab and greeted me as he kneeled, "Ah, Prince Asta. Welcome to my laboratory, how may I help you this fine day?" I replied, "It's good to see you too, Szayel. I'd like you to make a few gigais for me and my friends. I plan on visiting the World of the Living for my birthday in two days, and would like to enjoy my time there in physical form." A gigai is an artificial body that Soul Reapers use to remain in the Living World and interact with humans, since most humans can't see or hear spirits. Also, because Arrancars are also spirit beings, they also need a gigai to interact with humans. He looked up to me and said, "As you wish, your highness. May I ask who are going with you on your birthday?" I replied, "Other than my attendants, just the Tres Bestias, Starrk, and Lilynette." "Understood, I will have them ready for by then." He said. I thanked him and left.

  Then, my birthday came and Szayel had finished the gigais for all of us, all of them looked exactly like us, except there was no remnants of the others masks or a hole in their bodies. He also said that these were specially made so that we could use our powers without needing to leave them. Physical bodies aren't able to withstand the might of high level spirit energy, so usual beings like Soul Reapers need to leave their gigais if they wish to use the full extent of their powers. But, with Szayel's improvements we can use our abilities without restrictions should the need arose. We all entered our gigais and I opened a Garganta to the a town in Clover Kingdom in the World of the Living. We went through the Garganta and found ourselves above our destination, the capital of Clover Kingdom.

  We used Sonido to appear at the gates and began exploring the city together. We went to different shops, and ate at a couple of restaurants. We really enjoyed our time in the city and  the last place we chose to visit was the town's black market. If you're wondering how we were able to afford anything, it's because the Exequias, a black ops squad in Hueco Mundo's military had been sent on missions to the dungeons in the World of the Living to recover artifacts for Szayel to use as research materials, and treasure for my family to use when we go to the Living World. Granted, my dad had created a currency for Hueco Mundo, but it would be worthless when trading with human merchants.