Chapter 4: Mage of Shadows and Brothers

(Asta's p.o.v.)

We had followed Kisuke Urahara for an hour as we had traveled to a remote location via Sonido and Flash Step. Flash Step is a defensive technique of the Soul Reapers that involves quickly moving from one point to another using the least amount of steps. The Sonido is actually the Hollow/Arrancar version of this technique. After using our fast movement techniques for an hour, we arrived at an old abandoned house. Kisuke explained, "This house once belonged to a former noble family of the Clover Kingdom, one who secretly studied the Devils and their unique powers. Their family had always undergone the Devil Binding Ritual themselves, contracting with Devils in order to obtain their power. However, long ago a prodigy of their clan was encouraged by his parents to attempt to make a contract with a Supreme Rank Devil, and were all but wiped out the moment the hellspawn was summoned. The prodigy however survived due to his twin brother's intervention and sacrifice. After that, he was left broken and guilt ridden to the point that he wished to punish himself by living and dying in the shadows." His recount of the tragedy that took place in the mansion made me feel sympathy for the surviving brother, and hoped that he had come to realize that he was not at fault for his family's death. Although, there was something about his explanation that made me curious, and Menoly asked him the question I was about to inquire, "How do you know all of this, Urahara?" He turned to face us and replied, "I happen to know the survivor personally, I met him on the night of his brother's funeral. The Devils he had contracted with knew what I was right away and explained it to him. He asked if there was a way to bring his twin back to life, but I told him there was no way he could regain his human life. After all, once the Chain of Fate is severed, a soul can no longer return to its body, and aside from that, I had already help his brother pass on to the Soul Society. However, his brother possessed above average Spirit Energy, enough for him to become a Soul Reaper himself. So I told him that he could one day his brother would come back to the World of the Living after he became a Soul Reaper. I even told his brother this before he passed on, and he was quite adamant about coming back to see his brother again. Hearing this gave him hope that he would one day be reunited with his deceased brother. Ever since then, the Devil Host had been visiting me and I taught him quite a bit about the spiritual world. I consider him a good friend and a pupil of mine." I was rather intrigued by this and wondered what the deceased brother was like and was curious about the surviving sibling who Kisuke considered his pupil. I asked him, "He must be an interesting guy for you to call him your pupil, what's his name?" "Nacht Faust, and I hear he's the Vice Captain of the Clover Kingdom's Black Bulls squad. Also, he's standing right behind you three right now." We quickly turned around to see a young man with long, black hair tied in a ponytail, and wearing a cloak. We assumed this was Nacht Faust.

 We assumed this was Nacht Faust

"It's been a while, Mr. Urahara. I didn't expect you to visit my old home, and with guests at that." He greeted the former Soul Reaper. "It's good to see you again too, Nacht. What brings you here?" Kisuke asked. "I had some free time on my hands and decided to come and pay you a visit. So, who are your guests? The two girls appear to have the same spiritual pressure as Hollows, while the boy's is a mix of Soul Reaper and Hollow." He asked with a stern look on his face as he turned his attention to us. It was clear that he was wary of us due to our unique presence, and it was understandable. I decided to introduce us to him, "Pleasure to meet you, Nacht Faust. My name is Asta Aizen, Prince of Hueco Mundo. These lovely ladies with me are my attendants, Loly Aivirrne and Menoly Mallia." They both blushed at me calling them 'lovely ladies' but they tried to hide their embarrassment by greeting him with a smile and wave. Nacht however was rather surprised to hear my introduction and responded, "Prince of Hueco Mundo? I didn't know the Hollows' realm even had a ruler. Why would someone such as you come to the World of the Living?" I explained to him the situation we were facing and the reason why we came to Kisuke. He was rather shocked to hear this and sympathetic as well. I lost my parents to Devils and he lost his family to them as well, I can imagine that he understands how I feel to some extent because he said to me, "I'm sorry for your lose, Prince Asta. I'm sure that Mr. Urahara has explained what happened to my family already, so for that reason, I want to assist you in your battle to retake your home and avenge your parents." "And I assume you also hope to avenge your family by punishing the Devil who murdered them?" I asked. He replied, "I would be lying if I said no. While I still blame myself for their demise, I blame that Devil just as much for being the one who ended their lives. I can't let him go unpunished for what he had done." As he gave me his honest answer, I felt his spirit energy begin to flare and it was definitely powerful. My best estimate would be that it was close to a lieutenant-class Soul Reaper's. One's amount of spirit energy increases when they go through life-or-death situations, so for his spiritual pressure to be this strong, he was either born with it or he faced death countless times in his life. And this makes him a powerful ally to have in the fight to retake Hueco Mundo. I was grateful to hear that he volunteered to fight alongside me and my people and I said with a smile, "We greatly appreciate it Nacht, and we would be happy to have you on our side." He smiled back and bowed as he replied, "Thank you for allowing me to join you, your highness. I will do everything in my power to aid you in reclaiming your homeland." I looked at him as he humbled himself before me, though he didn't need to do so since I was the one who should be grateful at the time.