8) Paint Me

Song: Best Day Of My Life by American Authors

Kai Carter (POV)

I was up bright and early, too excited about my plans for the day to contain myself. I knew that I wasn't going to get a call from Damien anytime soon since it was only five am, but, I was sure to stay close to my phone.

I couldn't believe that Damien thinks that i'm so good at painting that he actually wants me to do a portrait for him. That caused me to get very anxious, because I really wanted to do a good job. I hope he likes it.

I decided to do what I did every Sunday and head over to the park after I got ready for the day. I was happy that I didn't run into my parents on my way out of the house.

After spend some time at the park, my phone rang. I knew exactly who it was, but I still looked at the caller ID to see an unknown number. It was Damien. I had not yet saved his number from the time that he gave it to me, but I had already memorised it.

I swipped my screen to answer the phone and held it up to my ear. "Hello." I answered.

"Hey, ummm...what time is good for you?" He asked.

"Any time. I'm free and not really doing anything important." I truthfully said.

"Ok, so is now a good time?"

"Yes."

"I'm going to come pick you up." He said.

"I'm at the park so you can come get me there."

"Ok I'll be there in ten." He said before hanging up.

Exactly ten minutes later I saw Damien's car parked near the park. I gathered my stuff and started making my way over to his car.

When I reached by his car, he rolled down the window. "You can put all your stuff in the back seat." He said smiling kindly at me. His smile was one of the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I obeyed him, opening the back door and putting all my things in. Luckily I didn't bring my bike to the park with me, so I didn't have to worry about where to put it.

When I got in the car, he immediately started driving. He turned to look at me. "How are you doing?" He asked, turning to look briefly at me.

I smiled at him. "Fine." I said truthfully. Being here in the same vehicle with Damien was enough for me to be ok. Even though we were just friends, he made me feel safe and important.

After driving for some more time in comfortable silence, Damien spoke up.

"My parents are dying to meet you." He said with a slight smile on his face, not bothering to turn to look at me.

I snapped my head towards him so quickly that I was suprised that my neck didn't break.

"Your parents?" I ask with curiosity dripping in my tone.

What did he mean his parents? Does he talk to them about me? I wanted to know.

He quickly turned to face me and chuckled. "Yes my parents. I told them about you." He told me.

At that point I was definitely blushing and I was doing a horrible job at hiding it. I knew that Damien saw me blushing because he looked at me and started chuckling. That only caused my face to get even more red.

After some more driving, Damien pulled up to a beautiful gated driveway. He used a remote in his hand to open the gate and drove up the long driveway to a majestic house.

The house was huge. It would definitely be considered as a mansion. It was painted in different shades of white and greys. It was beautiful and I definitely made him know my thoughts about the house.