00 | anti-hero

BREAKING: ROWDY POPSTAR
CRUELLA QUEEN OUT OF REHAB

...

"She ought to be locked up and never released..."

It seems Cruella Queen does not take after her namesake in this regard and has other plans for herself.

Following a voluntary two-month stint at Lakeside, a rehab facility in Washington State that's seen a fair few celebrity faces grace its halls over the years, Cruella Queen (27) has checked herself out just in time for the release of her friend Bronx Harlow's newest EP, Vacancy At World's End. The Grammy Award-winning pop star was last seen at the EP's release party in Los Angeles on the arm of her longtime on-again-off-again boyfriend, Ritchie Mendoza (30).

Though the reasoning for the surprise rehab stay has been unclear these past two months, Queen's reps released a statement a few hours ago confirming that while the blonde beauty—still to be determined if she's a real blonde—did go to rehab, she was not seeking help for substance abuse. (Sources claim this could otherwise be false as rumors have flown over the years over the party girl's wild nightlife antics.) Instead, Queen's reps claim her stay was for mental health purposes, including anxiety and depression, which the pop star has spoken up about in the past, albeit at minor lengths. (She has, however, shared her favorite drink order many times.) (A negroni sbagliato. Prosecco, to be exact.)

Fans were quick to respond with love and support after the singer was first announced to have entered the facility for treatment and have been eagerly awaiting her return to the music scene ever since, but Queen has yet to make any public statements herself, aside from a few scandalous IG stories from Harlow's release party. Younger sister and indie darling Ursula Queen was also at the party, however, she was spotted with substantially fewer drinks on rotation throughout the night. While we can't definitively say the real reason Cruella Queen was likely in rehab, if she was there for substance abuse, we doubt that treatment worked out that well considering her quick return to her partying ways.

Queen's stay at Lakeside marks the second time she's taken a step back from the spotlight, the first of which happened not long after catapulting into the public stratosphere nearly five years ago. Only time will tell if she sticks the landing this go-around or if the third time's a charm.