CHAPTER 13

After taking permission from mom, since dad had no problem with me going anywhere, mom was just too much sensitive about me.
Coco and me raced to Mrs. Parker's house and as always he won. "You are the fastest, Cutie pie." He did his happy jumping around me and i smiled at him, wholeheartedly.

We walked on the porch and i rang the bell. "Hello dear, how are you?" Mrs. Parker opened the door for me, gestured us to come in.
"You are looking pretty, and you too, Coco."

"We are absolutely fine. How are you doing? how's your health?" I asked in concern. She was so sweet to get sick.

"I am alright, sweetie. I'll get you something." She said, walking to the kitchen.

After a while, she came with my all time favourite cookies and a mug of hot coffee. I stood up and give her a hand.

"You don't need to do that Mrs. Parker, i am not a guest to you, am i?" I teased and she shook her head.

"Of course not, that's why i always remember to make your favourite cookies since you're like, my child."

"By the way, where is Chris? I know if he would be here, he wouldn't let you even stand up for a bit. He is concerned about you, just like my mother is, for me." I wasn't complaining but just sharing the same things, we both had been getting.

She chuckled, "yeah..you know everything very well. He said he has some important work, but he'll be back soon."

"Well.. Mrs. Parker, i came here to invite you both for dinner, tonight, but i guess as you are all alone, just come with me now and rest in our home. You won't feel lonely and my mom would be there for your company. Would you?" I stated, i thought she would feel good if she'd have someone to talk.

"I can't say no, can i? At the end you would make me go with you, anyway." She laughed as she conformed.

We had some talk, while i helped her in some household chaos -- ohh..WE helped her; couldn't forget Coco, he was so hardworking.

With her we didn't realise and time flew so easily, it was afternoon and we decided to get back to home with Mrs. Parker.

"Wait for me, let me take a quick shower then I'll be ready." She said and i gave a okay sign to her.

"Although, we've already seen everything here but let's EXPLORE it again!" I imitated Chris, while remembering how he said that word to me and chuckled at his antics.

"He is a very sweet boy, isn't he Coco?" I asked, though i already knew the answer since our Coco was so fond of him.

I knew it was bad to get in someone's room without even asking there permission but the painting in Chris' room were mesmerizing, so i thought to just go and take a quick view at them and be back in a minute.

I opened the door in a hope that i would be in that quiet and serene room again, but there were pitch dark and i couldn't be able to see anything, except the light coming from outside.

Coco barked and jumped in my arms while i held him firmly. "Let me just see the light switch, Coco."

I searched the switch with my mobile torch but i had been feeling someone's gaze on me. I felt like someone was looking at me non stop. I turned around two-three times, however i had seen nothing but darkness. Somehow, i would be able to find the switch and turn on the light. The room started glistening on its own like always and i couldn't help but to feel enchanted.

As i looked around at the paintings, the drawer was opened and it was right next to me. Without any intention my eyes fell on the glass bottles placed in it. I bent down to see what was in there in curiosity, since they were different from the normal bottles. They were filled with some kind of portion, different colours in each one. 'Weird'.