56. Get Your Pants on We Got A Problem

Alicent was contently wrapped in Taelon's arms in the morning when the door flew open.

"Taelon, get some pants on we got a problem." Tommen declared. 

"Just how I like to wake up in the morning." Taelon murmured rolling over in bed. 

+

'Come. What is it?'

'I apologize for the early hour, Your Grace. I have, um... discomforting news. I thought it best shared discreetly before the council convenes.' Otto told Viserys. Viserys sighed but nodded 'The Sea Snake. I'm afraid it concerns the Princess, my King.'

'Has she been harmed?'

'It is no easy thing to tell a father of his daughter's exploits. I had considered saying nothing, but...' Otto said hesitantly.

'What has she done?' Viserys demanded

'The Princess was spied last evening... beyond the walls of the Keep... in a pleasure house.' Otto told him.

'What of it?'

'She was carrying on with her uncle. They were engaged in behaviors unbecoming of a maiden... of a Princess.' Otto informed him.

'What behaviors?'

'Well, must I say it, Your Grace?'

'You enter my bedchamber, accusing my daughter of something. Now speak it... plainly.' Viserys demanded. 

'Daemon and Rhaenyra were seen together... in the bowels of a pleasure den.' Otto told him and Viserys sighed deeply, Daemon was a thorn in his side. 'Coupling.'

'This is a lie.' Viserys told him with a chuckle, Rhaenyra would never. Taelon, he had in the past but he was a good husband and loyal but Rhaenyra wasnt one to do such things, never... 'You have been lied to.'

'I only wish that were true, Your Grace.'

'Who is responsible for this gossip? Have this rumormonger brought before me at once. And I will take their eyes.' Viserys told him confidently.

'As your Hand, I must maintain trusted sources of information. And this one, as yet, has never led me astray. And several of the servants have now admitted to seeing her, the Princess... creeping through the gates from King's Landing, disguised as a page during the hour of the owl.' Otto told him victoriously.

'Are you so sick with ambition that you would have my daughter stalked? Spied upon? Awaiting your best chance to destroy her reputation?' Viserys questioned defensively

'I have no such intent, Your Grace.'

'You think yourself a cunning man. Your designs are obvious. I'm disappointed in you Otto. Just get out. Leave me... at once.'

+

"Slow down!" Taelon demanded. 

"She was with Daemon in a pleasure house. In flee bottom. SHe knows of the fucking secret passageways and Daemon- Gods he was going to fuck her!" Tommen shouted. 

"But he didnt?" Taelon countered. Alicent couldnt breathe, had her friend stooped so low. 

"He was all over her." Tommen murmured. "He was... but he..." Tommen shook his head. "If I had been a moment later..."

"Why were you there?" Alicent countered and Tommen chuckled. 

"Silver haired twat moving about flee bottom and I thought Taelon, naughty boy what are you doing." Tommen mused. "Had to make sure." 

"Thank you for telling me Tom." Taelon rasped. "I have to find Daemon."

+

"No, no, no, no.' Taelon said defensively. "Nyra, my Nyra... not with Daemon."

"Otto saw it." Viserys corrected. Taelon already knew this but he didnt want to believe it still. 

"Not with Daemon." Taelon couldnt believe his ears. Was she truly so desperate for a fuck that she went to Daemon? Taelon was only trying to protect her, and she went to a brothel with Daemon... Taelon knew that Tommen wouldnt lie about this. WOuldnt spare him the details if he found Nyra coupling with Daemon. 

"Your father, spoke to my father this morning saying the same." Taelon remarked as Alicent got Maekar ready. 

"Do you think TOmmen would lie to protect you?" Alicent questioned gently as Taelon bounced Avalon on his lap. "Lie and say that they didnt..." Taelon went to say no. They didnt keep secrets but then again... they had been known to lie to protect each other but nothing of this magnitude. Taelon shook his head slowly. So Alicent thought to go to the source herself. 

'What happened last night?' Alicent questioned when Rhaenyra was summoned. Emma and Avalon babbled happily on the ground shaking rattles and stuffed plushies. 

'What do you mean?' Nyra countered.

'My father has made some worrying allegations about you. Were you with your uncle?' Alicent knew full well that she was not she needed to know if Rhaenyra would tell her the truth. 

'Oh, I...' Rhaenyra couldn't help but chuckle. 'I haven't seen him in years. He took me into the city for some fun.'

'Tell me the whole of it, Rhaenyra.' Alicent demanded

'Your father accused me of something. That I drank wine? Left the castle after dark?' Rhaenyra mused

'That you fսckеd Daemon in a pleasure house.' Alicent corrected

'This is a vile accusation.' Rhaenyra shouted back

'Is it? You Targaryen's do have queer customs, I know you fancied Taelon before. And Daemon certainly knows no limit.'

'Alicent... sister,-"

"I see the way you look at your brother still, he is my husband, it makes sense you would want to go after Daemon too." ALicent spat back. 

"NO! You must know I would, I would never. You cannot believe such gossip.' Rhaenyra countered

'My father is no gossip.'

'Well, certainly he's been misled. He could not have witnessed such a thing.'

'Why not?' Alicent retorted.

'Because it did not happen. I am the Princess. To... To question my virtue is an act of treason.' Nyra shouted. 

'I only want to help you, Rhaenyra.' Alicent assured. They were friends once, she was trying to help why couldnt she see that? Taelon still loved his sister and there was tension between them, Alicent didnt want to be the thing that tore him from his sister but Rhaenyra wasnt making it easy.

'Okay, we... we drank in a tavern. Several... taverns.' Rhaenyra admitted 'It was getting late... and I asked to go home. But Daemon wished to continue. As he was my escort, I had no real choice.' Rhaenyra lied.

"Continue" Alicent shouted '... in a brоthеl?'

'He took me to a show. I... I was only a spectator. I didn't do anything.' Rhaenyra assured 'And then Daemon sank into his cups and, uh... abandoned me for some whοre. I should've known better.'

Tommen didnt drag you away, Alicent wanted to shout back. She knew more than Rhaenyra was letting on. If she could so easily lie to her about this then certainly there was more she was lying about.

'So you did not?' Alicent pushed. 

'Must I truly refute that? Daemon never touched me. Okay, I swear this to you upon the memory of my mother.' Rhaenyra told her defensively.

'It was foolish of you to place yourself in a position where your virtue could even come into question. The King has strived to find you a good match.  If that lord were to think that you had been... sullied... it would ruin everything.' Alicent reminded her. "Your brother would be furious as well, Daemon of all people. You know his loathing of your uncle."

'I know...  I regret it.' Rhaenyra suddenly regret everything. She needed to talk to Taelon.