109. Alone at Last

"Come on Aislynn, I'm right here." aemond assured.

Aislynn reached for the ropes and Vhagar woke, she snorted out at them, Aislynn glanced back at Aemond and he took a step forward holding her hand. Aislynn had to be brave if she was going to get a dragon of her own. Vhagar went back to sleep. Aislynn tried again, Vhagar lifted her head, opened her mouth, Aislynn stared, frozen at the fire boiling in the back of Vhagars throat.

"Alone at last." Taelon remarked kissing Alicent, hands tickling along her sides, tipping her back into the bed a laugh escaped her lips but there was a knock on the door. 

'I thought the children were to bed already?" Taelon questioned quietly.

"They are.' She agreed and moved to the door. Lila's little face smiled up at her. 'I already tucked you in Lila Rose.' Alicent said crouching down before her.

'Can we do ten in the bed mama?' Lila questioned smiling up at her. 

"Ten in bed?" Taelon questioned getting up. Lila nodded smiling back at them. 'Of course you gotta find ten people.' Taelon told her so Lila took off. 

'Ten in bed.' Alicent remarked with a chuckle. 'we haven't done that in a while.'

"She doesnt want to go to sleep." Taelon offered. "She likes the stories and games when she doesnt want to go to sleep."

'And knows we cant say no to her little face." ALicent added. 

"That too." Taelon agreed. "I don't think we are all going to fit.' 

'I got them!' Lila announced and so they piled into Lila's bed. Thorin, Maekar, Aegon, Avalon, Emma, Taelon and Alicent with little LIla in the middle all smashing in the bed a pile of limbs.

'"We are missing Aemond and Aislynn." Taelon realized. 

"They didnt answer when I knocked." Lila remarked. 

"Tired out." Alicent offered. 

'I cant breathe!' Aegon shouted as Taelon held onto Alicent.

'There were eight... do we have eight?" Alicent did a quick count. "Eight in the bed, And the little one said-' Alicent prompted.

"Roll over! Roll over!" Lila declared already laughing out. 

'So they all rolled over and one fell out!"

'Bye Maekar.' they called as he rolled to the floor

'There were seven in the bed and the little one said-' Alicent began again, she smiled down at Taelon's his arms still wrapped around her. she missed this, all of them together, curled up, it made her forget they were here for a funeral because all she felt was loved. 

"Roll over! Roll over!" Lila declared

'So they all rolled over and one fell out!' Taelon declared as he dropped to the floor.

'Bye Father.' they called as Taelon rolled out begrudgingly letting go over Alicent she smiled down at him.

'There were six in the bed And the little one said-' Taelon began again

"Roll over! Roll over!" Lila shouted completely giddy. 

'So they all rolled over and one fell out.'

Avalon moved to Taelon's side as she rolled out. 

"I dont really like this game. I feel like I'm always getting smashed." Avalon whispered. 

"I know, but you used to when you were the littlest one." Taelon reminded her Avalon nodded in agreement. 

"Ten in bed without me?" Tommen questioned peering in. 

'There were five in the bed and the little one said,' Alicent repeated and Lila had the biggest smile on her  little face.

"Roll over! Roll over!" Lila exclaimed

'So they all rolled over and one fell out' Taelon agreed. "Hey Tom, can you check in on Aemond and Aislynn for me?"

"Sure thing." Tommen agreed heading back out.

'Bye Aegon.' they said getting comfortable again

'There were four in the bed and the little one said-'

'"Roll over! Roll over!" Lila said in a fit of giggled

'So they all rolled over and one fell out.'

'Bye Emma.' they called as he got up to join the others that fell out of bed watching.

'There were three in the bed and the little one said,'

"Roll over! Roll over!" Lila shouted happily

'So they all rolled over and one fell out!'

'Bye mama.' they coed as Alicent rolled out and Taelon helped her up. He held her to him kissing her cheek. 

'There were two in the bed and the little one said,' Alicent went on she leaned back into Taelon as the game continued. This felt like heaven, right here, all of them together. This felt like heaven, Alicent was sure that this was what heaven looked and felt like. Surrounded by the ones you love, smiles on their faces. She just needed Aemond and Aislynn here and it would truly be perfect. Little Lila's laugh echoing through the room. 

"Roll over! Roll over!" Lila told Thorin. 

'So they all rolled over and one fell out.'

"I'm really comfortable." Thorin corrected pulling LIla to him. She giggled out. 

"My bed! My bed!" Lila corrected. 

"What if I rolled you over and I stay here instead?" Thorin countered. 

"Taelon, they are not in bed." Tommen remarked and Taelon's face pinched. 

"Alright, alright." Thorin agreed as he let Lila go and rolled out. 

'Bye Thorin.' Lila called.

'There was one in the bed.' Alicent said stepping towards Lila. 'And the little one said...'

"Alone at last!" Lila declared with a laugh

"Good Night my love." Alicent agreed kissing her head. 

Taelon looked around. 

"Where is Aislynn and Aemond?"