"𝐌𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞."

You looked down the barrel of the sights, aiming on the head of the dummy, Kastov 545 comfortably positioned. You'd been at this for over an hour, damn near 2. You'd gone through at least 20 AR's and LMGS by this point, Heavier ones and lighter ones. You didn't touch the snipers, and Ghost didn't make you. It made you wonder... What did he know about you? I mean Price admitted they knew a little but how much was that.

"Soldier. Focus."Ghost demanded, he practically barked the order at you. You thought he'd be a little kinder but he was your superior, you could blame him for trying to keep you in place. You nodded and mumbled an apology.

You let yourself still, focusing again. Your finger practically twitched on the trigger, like somehow you'd forget to press it. You took a deep breath and fired a few shots, hitting mostly in the torso, and one in the head. Not enough to kill, but if it were a person, they bleed out soon enough. But that's not enough is it?

You looked to Ghost for any approval or disappointment, not that you needed it... yeah.. But that was the most annoying part, there was NOTHING from him. That's what irritated you the most. Though when you didn't speak, Ghost loosed his shoulders and removed his hands from the center pocket of his black hoodie. "Mediocre work, soldier. You'll need to be prepared to protect yourself if you're to actually be useful, and not just a liability."

The audacity of this bitch.You had just arrived and he already doubted you? As if you weren't hired to keep his and your new teammates from dying? What a dickhead. He must have sensed your annoyance, or he just saw the offense on your face because he let out a chuckle, looking at the black watch on his wrist."That takes 2 hours. So you're with soap next? Y'two seemed to get along, i'll be surprised if he doesn't just talk 'er ear off... if he hasn't forgotten."

"You insult me and then ask about my relations, Lieutenant?"You stood your ground. Stupid move, but he seemed to chuckle at your formalities. Giving you a slight nod. You could feel his fucking smirk through the mask. Bastard. "Well, when ya' show me a performance that aint shit it'll change. You'll be with soap inside. get to it. L/n."

You silently set the gun back in its spot on the rack, walking past Ghost who stayed stagnant, walking back to base. He watched you out of the corner of his eye, you'd only been here a day and you knew what his stare felt like. You'd felt it on the back of your skull while staring down a sight for the last 2 hours. That feeling didn't go away until you got to the large metal doors, you finally exhaled a breath you never knew you were holding.

---

Soap was a brilliant fighter at best and your best friend at worst. When you arrived back into the commons area from outside he was sitting on the couch, watching TV, not even his training gear. He and Ghost were... *such* different instructors.

When Soap finally noticed you he perked up, pausing his ghost hunting show and walked over to you casually, not a care in the world."Hey, Y/n! What's up?"You looked at him, you'd be dumbfounded if the ghost hadn't warned you he'd most likely forgotten. He held out his hand as if to dap you up."Oh, i don't know, were supposed to be doing hand to ha-"

Before you got the chance to finish his arm swept under your arm, locking you under him as he brought you to the wooden floor. He practically slammed you to the ground. You were really starting to regret binding while working out when you couldn't catch your breath You coughed and he stood up, proud of himself. He reached a hand down to pull you back up."Rule one, never let your guard down around the enemy"You grabbed his hand and pulled yourself up, dusting yourself off and scoffing at him playfully."Ghost was the one who said you'd forgotten! Plus you were just sitting there and.. And.."You paused.