Chapter 22

What have I gotten myself into.

I should have just told him off, why did I have to stall . I should have told him that nothing could happen between us .

But, why do I hesitate?

Why did I hesitate?

Maybe I wanted something to happen between us or maybe it's because of the fact that I've been alone for far too long that I crave affection and touch

When I was in my teens , I never got asked out neither did any male show me any sort of affection, instead I had to grow up faster so as to survive in this cruel ,cruel world.

When I found my mate, Nathaniel, our relationship wasn't like the others around neither was it a bed of roses.

We didn't have intimate moments together and I could count the number of times we shared a kiss , which by the way was never special, instead it felt tedious.

So when I kissed the Alpha, I got lost in the feeling because I wasn't familiar with it. I wasn't familiar with the he spark and need and the craving for more.

"Enough Andrea, get it together girl '

I could already picture how this would end but... Maybe I should take the risk.

I spent the rest of the night recalling and remembering what had happened so far .

Form my arrival to the pack to being situated in the Alpha's house to coming to the orphanage.

I didn't even realize when the sun rose.

It was my cue to freshen up and get ready for the day.

On arrival to my office, the loads of paper work on the desk made me want to go back to my room.

I signed up for this so I might as well do my job.

After what felt like like hours , I was finally done.

The sun was already high up in the sky and I could hear the children from a far. It must have been time for recess.

As I looked back at my paperwork, I kept on wondering why the alpha hadn't come.

Did he rethink everything? Did he regret what transpired between us?

I doubt it. He wouldn't have gone through all that he did if what he was feeling was just but a fleeting thought and that why I decided that..

That I'd give him a chance

A chance to prove what he feels for me.

I too wanted to give myself a chance, a chance to be happy. A chance to also experience what I had read in so many cheesy romance novels.

So what if we didn't have a great start in the beginning.

So what if we've spent most of the time we've been together arguing.

I wanted to give myself a chance to be happy, because I took deserved to be happy but if I kept on overthinking things, guarding my heart from any possible chance of being happy and closing myself to any possibility of happiness then how on earth was I going to experience it.

Yes

My answer was going to be yes.

I know that it might have sounded stupid and crazy but when was I ever going to get this opportunity again?

I have never been the prettiest girl in the room neither have I ever been outstanding.

So for an alpha to actually want me was kind of a big deal for me.

Fuck  , I swear that I have never had such thoughts before.

Something within me was changing.

And it was changing too fast for me to catch up with the changes.

If this wasn't going to end well then I have no fucking idea on how my heart would take it.

Just as I was thinking of the repercussions of the decisions that I was going to make today, the door was slammed open

It was Bella and she seemed out of breath.

She must have ran all the way here.

Something must have been terribly wrong

"Bella what?"

"You need to come with me right now!"

She said as she paced around the room looking anxious

Whatever she must have seen must have aggravated her

"What is it Bella?"

"Follow me!"

She grabbed my arm and I found myself running with her

I got odd looks from the workers around the orphanage though

As we proceeded to heaven knows where , I realized that we were headed towards the pack house.

Up ahead I could also see a crowd forming.

Did something big happen?

"Bella what's happening?"

She finally stopped running which was a relief for me because I wasn't a runner in the first place

"A rogue was found trying to break into the pack house but she was caught"

"A she?"

"Yes, "

"Then why did you bring me here?"

"I was instructed by the former Luna to bring you here?"

"Why?"

"To calm the alpha when he gets here. He hates rogues and would probably kill the girl. "

"How does that concern me Bella"

" I was just following orders. I didn't have time to think"

"The alpha is coming"

Someone amidst the crowd yelled.

Up ahead I could see the alpha in his wolf form looking very threatening and blood thirsty

The pack members stepped away from him probably in fear that he would attack them.

The alpha on the other hand let out a sharp howl as he paced around the said rogue.

His expression was unreadable though

He morphed into his human form and luckily, a man handed him a pair of shorts.

His stern expression gradually started to soften which confused me further

My eyes then shifted towards the female rogue and realised something that slowly destroyed me.

His eyes never left hers and neither did her eyes leave his.

From where I was standing,I also noticed that the colour of their eyes were shifting

Maybe I was wrong

Maybe it wasn't what I thought it was

Maybe I was being delusional

Maybe this is a fucking nightmare and none of it was real

But all it took was one word for me to feel shattered and broken beyond brink

"MATE!"

Author's note

Not me taking my sweet time to update. Thank you for those who are reading this book voting and commenting. I love y'all