Chapter 30

Oaklee Monroe POV

"You want to foster both of us?" I ask. Ares nods and I smile and hug him again. I let go of him and push James in front of me.

"James, this is Ares, Elijah and Carter." He puts his hand out and they each shake his hand. 

He turns back around and whispers kinda loudly to me.

"Are they all in some kind of relationship?" Ares makes a face while Elijah and Carter move away from each other.

"Well, Elijah and Carter are siblings but they could be fucking Ares, I mean wouldn't you?" I joke. Ares looks even more embarrassed and his face turns a little red. Elijah and Carter laugh.

"So there not gay?" James asks. I shake my head no. "Well, I'm gay so I approve if you are." He says with a smile. 

"Come on, let's pack our bags." I say taking James hand. Wave to the...men?...adults?...people who are about to foster me?

We pack our bags, James has more things then me but I don't mind. On the way down we run into the leaders.

"You slut." Gemma sneers as she starts choking me. "Your lucky I can't kill you." I struggle against her.

"They'll be back in a week and then they'll choose me." Another girl sneers as she grabs Gemma and I take deep breaths as my neck starts to turn red and bruise. We walk down and meet our new guardians at the front door.

There smiles falter as they see my neck but don't comment on it.

"So we have been approved to foster you, as long as you want and if you still want to stay with us then we can try to adopt you." We both nod and get into the car. Carter sits in the front along with Elijah and Ares sits in the back.

As were driving, Ares turns to me.

"Can you face me please?" Since I'm in the middle I'm right next to him. I turn to him and he puts his hands on my neck. He gently presses and feels around. "Ok, nothing seems to be damaged but both of you look super skinny and probably both need a check up." I nod. 

He leans forward and looks over at James, scanning him up and down. Then he looks over at me and narrows his eyes.

"James, is everything good?" Ares asks him. He nods and pats himself down.

"Yeah, nothing hurts. I'm just hungry." I grab my saved sandwich and hand it to him.

"Here." He takes it happily and starts eating it. I smile and face Ares.

"You have to stop giving your food to him. That's why he looks more healthy than you." I nod and James looks at me with shock.

"That's why my food never seemed to run out, you were giving me food." I nod and he smiles and hugs me. 

We don't talk for the rest of the trip back to Ares house or the boys place. When we get there it actually looks quite nice. It's a wooden cabin style. When we enter, the rooms are connected. There is a bathroom to the right and straight ahead is a connected, kitchen, living room and dinning room.

"I'm gonna start on some dinner and Carter will show you the upstairs." Ares says as he locks the door behind us. Carter leads us upstairs. There are two bedrooms with a connecting bathroom to the right and to the left is a master bedroom with a bathroom and straight ahead is the laundry room.

"So you will be sharing a room but I'm sure that fine for you guys right?" We both nod. 

"We shared a bunk at the orphanage so it's fine." I say as he leads me to one of the bedrooms. There is a bunkbed and desk under the window. James drops his bag and calls out that he gets the top. I laugh and drop my bag. I walk around and lay down on the bottom bunk.

"Well, I'll call you guys down for dinner." Carter says before leaving. We both smile and laugh and talk. 

We hear Carter yell our name and we both run downstairs. The smell of pasta fills the kitchen and dinning room. We both sit down next to each other as Ares sits at the head of the table and the Rivera brothers sit across from us. 

"Can we pray?" James asks. Everyone nods and we all hold hands as James says a prayer.

Then we all dig into our pasta. We talk and laugh all dinner long and for some reason I love the feeling. 

Me and James help clean up and then we all sit on the couch to watch a movie together. We decide on some Disney movie I have never seen and I enjoy it a lot. 

At around 11, we have to go to bed but for some reason I'm not tired and neither is James. We take turns showering and changing before both brushing our teeth and getting into bed. 

After about 5 minutes James comes down and lays in my bed.

"Is this what home feels like?" He asks me.

"Yes, I believe so. Why?" I pat his hair gently looking out the window at the moon and stars.

"Cause I really like this feeling." He yawns and cuddles into me.

"Me too, James. Me too." I close my eyes and soak in the feeling of love and comfort as I drift off to sleep.