24

"Oh you have no idea how long I have wanted to get my hands on you Knox," Effie muttered happily once she'd finished messing with Knox's hair

"Oh you have no idea how long I have wanted to get my hands on you Knox," Effie muttered happily once she'd finished messing with Knox's hair. She and Gale were both joining Katniss out in the field and Effie felt the need to make sure they looked their best.

They were both decked out in all-black military-style gear, the same as what Boggs wore as well as the rest of the propo team of whom they had already been acquainted while they waited for Katniss and Boggs to get there.

Effie then moved on to Gale making adjustments here and there just as Katniss and Bogs arrived, "and you are camera ready. doesn't your comrade look handsome?"

"Let's go," said Boggs, leading Katniss onto the jet leaving Knox and Gale to follow.

"Come back safe," Effie called after them.

"Quick introductions," said Plutarch, "Katniss. These people have come a long way to support the cause. This is Cressida."

He gestured to the woman beside him, she had blonde hair which was shaved on one side displaying tattoos on the side of her head as well as through her eyebrows, "in my opinion one of the the best up-and-coming directors in the Capitol,"

"Until I up and left. Hey." Cressida greeted Katniss.

"Hey," the girl replied.

"Let's see what you can do," said Plutarch, "all right be careful,"

He made his leave from the jet and left Cressida to introduce the rest of her crew to Katniss. "This is my assistant Messalla,"

"It's an honour to meet you," said Messalla.

"And your cameramen over there, Castor."

"Hello," Castor greeted.

"And Pollux."

Pollux nodded as a greeting, he could not speak as his tongue had been cut out.

"All right, let's get locked in," Bogs instructed.

The crew all took their seats and strapped in.

Katniss turned to Pollux, "you're all from the Capitol? Plutarch got you out?"

"Don't expect much chitchat from him," said Cressida, "he's an Avox. Capitol cut his tongue out years ago," she informed the girl, "and no, it wasn't any sort of rescue, if that's what you mean. We all fled on our own. For this. For you,"

And with that, the jet engine started.

⚔️

Once the jet landed in district 8 Boggs instructed them that they couldn't linger for too long.

The group exited the plane and crouched low, shielding their faces from the degree that was scattered by the jet as it ascended back into the air.

"Move out," Boggs instructed once the jet had gone. He led the group towards the hospital where a few people were waiting.