Yi Prefers A Warm Love

Hia Yi's life has always been cool-toned. But it's because of such a life that even the smallest hints of warmth feel like the blazing sun to him. It's just that he's not used to affection and not sure how to handle it.

Some might see Yi as someone cold and unfeeling, but it's something he has adapted to since he was a young child. Being made to train tirelessly to take over his father's business, without even a bit of leeway, Yi has become a strict but disciplined person.

Now, the strongest winters were just like a rainy day to him.

His father has always taught him to be cruel, in ways many would agree was not suitable for any child. His home never felt warm. The car showroom is always occupied with cold, metallic cars, and even the clubs he frequents, being with Lian doesn't make a difference to the settled frost in his heart.

It's like a sheet of ice that repeatedly gets cold air blown on it - only serving to thicken the parts that are already frozen.

But Hia Yi prefers a warm love. Over the years, he has accumulated so much warmth in himself, never knowing where or how to express it. Never knowing if he even wanted to express it at all, or if it was just better to pretend like those warm feelings don't exist in him.

At some point, it became natural for him. He'd get used to the cold and aloof image, and it became easier to hold himself in front of others. It worked to his advantage, though. Dealing with business people often required him to maintain a poker face in front of the most ridiculous or cunning people. It worked so well that Yi thought it had jist become a part of him. Another personality trait added to the list of verbs people would use to describe him.

And yet, all the warmth in his heart burns and hurts him. It threatens to overcome Hia Yi, who pushes it all back and zips it up inside him with all he has.

For as long as he can possibly manage, Hia Yi will let the intense fire burn him, rather than releasing it and letting it burn someone else.

There is so much gentleness in him that he seeps out when he's with Kon Diao. When he's just thinking about Kon Diao. That stupid, hopelessly-in-love smile always finds a way to his lips.

All of that is too much for Yi to bear, but bear it is what he will do. Until he runs out of breath, and his heart cannot hold anything else.