Chapter 3

Konoha council room

With the retrieval team having just returned they were immediately summoned to the council to report. We see the entire council consisting of the clan heads the civilian side and the Hokage and her advisors. "So Kakishi you and the others have returned so I assume that you completed the mission." Tsunade spoke in a somewhat hopeful voice but deep down she knew naruto wouldn't want to be anywhere near the village. "I regret to inform you but we failed the mission." The white haired masked man stated in a sour expression. Before tsunade spoke she noticed that the assembled group had looks of pure fear which gravely concerned her due to them being highly trained ninja especially Kakishi sense he was a former anbu captain. "Why do you all look like you saw the shinigami, you look like you say death before your eyes, did something happen.?" She questioned and the rest of the council noticed this as well and was interested. "Yes we'll I guess we should start from the beginning, we want to the demon slayer headquarters and met the wife of the master she then took us to him and we met him and the hashira except 1 of them. We started talking and he said only if naruto came to us willing, so it was His choice and that as the master he would not force him to do something he doesn't want to do." He stoped to let it settle in and then continued "At first he said naruto would return in an hour however we were interrupted by one of their messenger crows that said naruto had slain upper moon 2." This caused a loud outburst form the civilian council and looks of surprise from the advisors and the clan heads. "You me to say that the dead last slayed one of the most powerful demons of all.!" Spoke a fat merchant in the civilian council. "If that's the case then he is too dangerous to be left alive I vote we send ninja to kill him before he uses his strength to take revenge on us." The other civilians agreed until the Hokage slammed her fist into the table causing it to shake. "Absolutely not we are not sending ninja to kill him if anything this is just more reason to get him back.!" She yelled and everyone but the civilians agreed with her. "Kakishi continued your report what happens after that." She stated more calmly despite wanting nothing more than to kill the civilian council. "Yes mam, anyway when we heard this the crow said it will take him a day to get back so we were given rooms in a place called the butterfly mansion which we learned is the main base of their medics and is owned by one of the hashira so we slept and around midday we heard a ruckus and went to the door and saw the hashria we know as shinobu hugging a tall man with black hair with red tips and a weird mark on his head, apparently that was naruto." He stoped again after the council erupted in protest to the boys new appearance. When they all quoted down Kakishi continued "he was hugging miss shinobu and he..." "he what Kakishi?" Tsunade questioned wearily at what her godson did. "He kissed her lady Hokage." Was the reluctant reply due to hinata still being there. This caused the council to mutter to each other till they all calmed down to hear the rest of the report. "After a little while we gathered with the other hashria and the master and waited till the two showed up with miss shinobu assisting him to walk. When he got there he spoke in a deep voice that was both kind and serious. The master asked him to come and he limped over to him to revive a hug from the master,after this he came back to shinobu who helped him so we asked if we could continue our mission and the master agreed. We then noticed a ring on his finger so we realized he was married so Asuma tried to make it better by saying we could bring his wife with us as well." This was a lot of info for the people there and tsunade was happy her godson found someone. Though he wa silent the whole time jiarya couldn't keep he perverted thoughts and asked "So who did the kid marry give me details I can use this for my next book.!" He said ecstatically only to revive a death glare form tsunade with a simple threat "Use him for your smug and I'll remove that thing that makes you a man.!" She said and every man in the room were scared at the thought. "Ehem." Asuma coughed into his hand to get everyone back on track. Then Kakishi continued "we learned he is married to miss shinobu for 5 years and he refuses to return to this village." This caused the council to realize he won't help them no matter how hard they try. "And when he was telling us off saskue made the mistake of provoking him and he appeared behind us with a face a death and an ice cold voice. We realized we would all die if we fought and too the chance he gave us to run away." Kakishi finished. This news shocked the council because there were 4 elite ninja and their students who were all fairly strong and they said naruto would win despite those facts. "Ok I guess I'll try one more thing to get him back if it doesn't work then we give up and leave him alone." Tsunade spoke and this caused the council and retrieval team to look at her questionably. "I'll go with Jairya to see if we can talk him into coming home." This got a nod from everyone.

Meanwhile butterfly estate

Naruto was getting better but very slowly. By shinobus prediction he will get better in a couple of months so he won't be able to fight till he's fully recovered. We now see naruto with a cane watching the newly arrived tanjiro zenestu and inoska in training to get stronger. Seeing them reminded naruto of when he was like them. Which brought back some bad memories that caused him to start breathing a bit heavily. As if sensing something wrong shinobu comes from her lab to see naruto not looking well and she realized why. So she took her husbands hand and took him to their shared room. "You need to be in bed and thinking about the past isn't going to help you recover it's only going to make you worse." She said calmly soothing her somewhat panicked lover. "I know it's just I keep thinking what if I never retired and instead stayed and kept training. Maybe Rengoku would still be alive.. Owww." He said the last part due to shniobu flicking his head. "Listen we can't change the past all we can do is look to help better the future, so stop thinking like that and be the kind and happy man who I fell in love with." She finished kissing him on the forehead. "I don't deserve you but your right I need to get over it." He stopped cause he started coughing "and I'll start by getting better." "Sounds like a plan love now rest I'll be right here with you." She said soothing her lover knowing he has had nightmares cense he was a child due to his past. "Goodnight my butterfly." "Goodnight my love"

End of chapter 3