25. Imagine - Talking To Himself

[ Interesting Fact ] — Interview

Sometimes Levi would talk to himself if something really messed up happened.

"Tch, I can't believe this

"Tch, I can't believe this. I've killed humans all this time. Shit." Levi paces back and forth in his office, trying to calm down.

You were about to knock on his door when you heard him talking to someone. At first you thought it might be Hanj, as Levi tends to go to her for comfort when you aren't around, but then you remember that she's went outside with Connie.

When you opened the door a few seconds ago, you didn't expect your boyfriend to be talking to himself. You knew that he murmurs curses under his breath here and there, but having a full conversation with himself?

That was new.

"Levi?"

Levi spins on his heel after hearing your voice and glares at you. "What?"

Your eyes widen in surprise. He never spoke in a harsh tone to you.

Taking a few steps into the room while closing the door, you come to a halt in front of him. "Is everything okay? I've heard the news. It's pretty messed up and I wanted to see how you're dealing with all of this."

You try to take his hand but he steps back. "Not now, (y/n). I'm really not in the mood to talk."

You nod slowly. "I understand why you are feeling like this, but Levi-" he interrupts you.

"I said not now!" he growls, trying to move away from you, but you grab his shoulders and pull him back harshly. God, he didn't even had the strength to stop you. Only now do you realize how exhausted he must be.

"And I said yes now, Levi!" you push him to sit on the bed. "You don't have to walk around your room and talk to yourself, okay? I'm here to listen to you. We've been together for years and I respect you. I don't want to force you to talk, but god dammit Levi it pains me to see you like this." tears have formed in your eyes. "Please, just talk to me. I want to help you."

Your boyfriend had glared at you the whole time, but you could see his eyes watering at the thought of talking about how he felt.

Levi had always valued human life and cared so much about saving humanity. You can't imagine how hurt he must have been after finding out that he had been killing people all this time.

"I..." not knowing where to start, Levi looks away from you. He didn't wanted to cry now. He couldn't.

"Shhh." you gently pull him into your arms and stroke your fingers through his hair. "Take your time."

And eventually he opened up and started talking.

"Why talk to yourself when I'm here always here to listen?"