Just an Ordinary Blacksmith

This didn't make any sense. Everything up to this point had basically been smooth sailing. The only monsters he ran into were the usual kobolds and goblins. Nothing too tough, and nothing he couldn't manage, despite his status as a novice adventurer. Sure, his plan involved entering the fifth floor, something his advisor told him not to do. But surely, nothing too bad could happen.

So how...

How in the world did it end up like this!?

"UWAAAAAAH!"

Bell ran down the dimly lit corridor and turned a corner just as the monster behind him slammed into the wall from failing to stop its momentum. The minotaur let out a disgusting and bellowing roar as it continued to run after Bell. His chest began to contrast in pain and the energy he poured into his legs had started to seep out. He had no idea where to go, but anywhere far away from the monster seemed like the best idea possible.

The minotaur swung its fist, and Bell dove to the ground to avoid it as it demolished the wall next to him. As his body slammed into the ground, he crawled away from the minotaur until his back hit a wall.

"Hiiie!" Bell whimpered. The monster was now right in front of him, its massive chest heaving up and down and its red eyes glowing with hatred. He was out of options. No way out, no weapon sharp enough to pierce the minotaur's hide, and not strong enough to fight back.

"S-someone save me!"

"Keep your head down, brat."

The sound of steel cutting through the air made Bell freeze. Then, a loud 'bang' echoed in the narrow tunnels and rattled his head. He watched incredulously as the minotaur's upper body was completely decimated, leaving only a pair of legs standing before him. The carcass then exploded out into black smoke, leaving a large purple crystal.

The monster that seemed so strong and unstoppable to him, taken down in an instant.

"W-who?" Bell whimpered.

And then he saw him. Towering over him with a flowing white cape behind him was a young man with auburn hair and golden eyes. He was completely shirtless, showing his chiseled physique for the entire world to see. There was only a red arm guard covering his left arm while his right was bare. His black pants looked exotic and unique, tied to the waist by a ribbon.

And in his left hand was a sword, its design looking like it came from the Far East. Bell could see smoke wafting up from the silver blade from the strike that took down the minotaur.

"...You all right, brat?" the man asked.

"H-huh?" Bell squeaked. "Y-yes! Thank you for saving me!"

"That's good..." the man trailed off.

Bell's eyes widened when he saw the man's image briefly flicker as particles of blue light began to float off the man's body.

"W-what's happening to you?!" Bell exclaimed in shock.

"So loud. I just used up all of my remaining magical energy to cut that thing down..." the man explained. "I thought I used up everything when I took down that reality marble, but guess I'm a bit tougher than I thought..."

"Wait, you're going to disappear?" Bell asked. "D-does that mean you're going to die?!"

"Dumbass," the man snapped. "I'm not alive in the traditional sense. Without a master to anchor my existence to the world, then I have little chance to stay manifested by myself."

"Is there any way I can save you?"

The stranger blinked in surprise. "What'd you say, kid?"

"Y-y-you saved my life. I just want to do the same to you!" Bell explained. "I can't just sit still and watch you disappear in front of me after what you've done!"