Chapter 11

Ella's POV

I don't know how long I had been sleeping till I woke and realized it was late in the afternoon. I was feeling heavy and exhausted. At first, my brain was so blank that I even found it hard to recognize where I was. It felt like I had lost all my memories, but there was one thing that struck deep into the core of my heart, and that was a strange, overwhelming sadness and gloom.

"What happened?" I muttered, narrowing my eyes as I slowly sat up from the bed. The clock was ticking, and that was the only sound in my room. Everywhere was so dead silent and spooky that I thought maybe I had turned into a ghost.

Leaning against the wall, I shut my eyes and tried regaining consciousness. I needed to remember it all to know why I felt like my heart had been seared into two with sharp swords. Something so dear seemed to have been taken away from me, but I just couldn't get my head to recall what it was.

I had slept for a long time, but it also seemed like I was drugged, which explained why my mind was just hazy and foggy.

Just then, the door made a creaky sound, and I quickly turned my gaze to the door, wondering who it was, but when I saw Laura walk in, my confusion instantly turned into fear as it all began to flow into my head slowly. 

Scarlett followed her behind with mischievous smiles all over her face too. My heart began to thud faster, and sweat formed on my face. I became all sweaty, and my eyes couldn't hold back their tears, even when I didn't want to cry. I didn't want to appear weak, but it was unbearable.

I wished I had lost my memories. I wished at that moment I didn't remember these horrible past that were like trident plunged into my chest. The house that was silent earlier was now normal, with all activities returning to the way they had always been before the Lycan came. Everything was back to normal, which only meant that Dracula was gone.

He had left without seeing me again. Those words he poured out at my doorstep were the most sincere words anyone had ever said to me. Every word he spoke was laced with emotion and deep concern.

There was no single doubt he desired to see me. He even apologized for pushing me off of him earlier and asked that I at least let him see me for the last time before he leaves.

No.

No.

I failed him. I didn't come out and meet him. It must have broken his heart in the most painful way! How would I let him know I never meant to hurt him? His voice was filled with a pure and distinct yearning, as if his life depended on me.

Even when he had been a cruel and cold-hearted man, I had felt so drawn to him, and as his mate, I didn't see him like a monster as others did; instead, I saw a man who had always wanted love but never had it. I don't know what his secrets might be, but I was ready to stand beside him and be the shoulder he rested on and the one who would never leave him when things went wrong.

In his dark brown eyes  that always appeared cold and glazed, there was a hint of emotion, which he kept fighting to suppress. He looked helpless in his state, and instead of anyone helping him, they all dreaded and fled from his presence as if he were a demon. They don't know the demon was inside him, eating him up.

"Scarlett, where is Dracula, the Lycan prince? Please don't tell him he is gone ." I purred, my eyes brimming with tears and falling freely down my cheeks as I sat helplessly on the bed, feeling like my heart would burst because of how heavy and strained they were.

Instead of responding, Laura and her burst into fits of laughter that brought tears to their eyes. Now I wondered what was really funny.

"If I were you, I would go down on my knees and thank us for locking you inside here under drugs, saving you from a gruesome death by the same man you are head over heels in love with. Do you know how badly he wants to find you and end your life in the most horrible way?" Scarlett laughed harder, and I sneered at her like she was a fool.