02 | part of the band

GRAHAM: It wasn't like she was the worst person to live with.

EDDIE: [laughs] Bobbie was the worst.

"What are you doing?" Eddie asked in disbelief.

"You tell me an old lady died here and expect me to do nothing?" Bobbie snapped back. She finished pouring the salt out of the salt shaker, returning to the kitchen to find some more. She'd already infected most rooms of the house with piles of salt painstakingly poured in a repeated pattern.

"I'm not sure if salt actually gets rid of ghosts," Warren said. He looked down and frowned when he saw the salt poured in the shape of a pentagram. "I'm actually certain that doesn't get rid of ghosts. Dude, you're inviting them in."

"Fuck," Bobbie cursed, "you sure?"

"I thought only Karen's room was haunted," Graham said.

"Ghosts are like cockroaches," Bobbie told the group, "you have one, you're bound to have like a hundred."

"A hundred!?" Warren exclaimed, suddenly his eyes began darting around suspiciously.

"At least," Bobbie said with all the seriousness of an executioner.

KAREN: Bobbie and Warren became friends pretty fast, which was strange for Bobbie who never really liked people even when she did like them. But shrooms do that to people.

"Why is there fucking salt everywhere in the goddamn house?"

Bobbie fled as soon as Billy's voice reached the octave it usually did when he was about to lose his mind.

"Bobbie!"

BOBBIE: Billy could be kinda like a dad. And I could kinda be like a bratty little kid. Oh, never on purpose though. [she smiles]

BILLY: I mean, she bought a goddamn dog. What were we gonna do with a dog? And the kicker is, she named it—

"Billy! Come here, Billy, come here!"

Billy crossed his arms and gave Bobbie a hard look as the small black and white dog jumped into her arms.

"It's a very cute dog," Graham said.

"I think it has fleas," Eddie said while scratching his head.

"I found it in the trash," Bobbie said.

"Oh so it does has fleas, great." Billy watched Bobbie scratch away at her arms and head, and if you were really watching, you would have seen him smile.

KAREN: Billy didn't like change. He hated it. But Bobbie, you know, you hate her then you love her, that's just how it went. She annoyed you and then all the things that annoyed you about her became things you liked about her.

Camila walked into the main living room and stopped in her tracks when she saw Bobbie passed out on the couch. She back-tracked to the haunted room, opening the door slightly to see Karen asleep on her bed and a mountain of what Camila could only describe as a giant mesh of stuff on Bobbie's bed, around the bed and on most of the floor. Karen's bed seemed to have a circle of cleanliness surrounding it. She closed the door gently and made her way to the linen closest, finding the softest blanket she could, though the options were limited.

When Camila laid the blanket over Bobbie's prone body, she grumbled a bit in her sleep. Camila put a hand over her mouth to stop herself from letting out a laugh. Bobbie was loud and ever-talking, a heart-attack that never stopped in her waking life, but asleep Bobbie was... Well, Camila thought she was adorable; a word Bobbie would recoil upon hearing used to describe her. Camila couldn't help but let a laugh escape from her lips at that, at the image of Bobbie's face flushing mad.