[ 𝐕 ]

I should've run away without them noticing. It should have hurt more seeing Piyush in that state. But, neither of those happened. I stood there transfixed, unable to move. It hurt more watching Manmeet in that state. 

Piyush noticed me first. He had a strange smile pasted on his lips as he rushed towards my side. 
"I'm so sorry," he muttered under his breath, hugging me. I let my hands fall beside me. "I'm so sorry," he said again. "That bitch was pestering me about dating her and I kept rejecting her. But today she suddenly kissed me, and I could not stop her. I'm so sorry, please forgive me," Piyush kept rambling. 

I looked at Manmeet, who looked more startled than anything for a moment. 

"It really could have been anyone," I whispered as she regained her composure and came towards me. I pushed Piyush away and moved backward. The sudden movement made Piyush stumble backward a bit making her stop in her tracks for a few seconds. I turned around and ran. I just wanted to go back home. I heard Manmeet yell my name from behind. 

***

The rest of the evening was a blur. I don't remember coming home or doing anything but the next thing I knew was that someone was pulling away my blankets.  

"There you are!!" Aneesha exclaimed as she pulled the bedcovers away from me. 

I looked at her, my eyes blurry, and snatched the covers from her. Aneesha sighed and sat beside me. 

"So, are you going to tell me what happened?" she asked softly, patting me. 

I hugged the blankets tighter. 

"Is that... I guess that's a no. You have been like this for hours. You have to dominate your feelings, Sanju!!"

"I know," I said softly. 

"You can't expect a sub to dominate anything though," Souritri said. I peeked from underneath my blankets to see her position. She was sitting by the wall, her long curly hair open. Aneesha was shaking her head. 

"What time is it?" I mumbled, "Did ma keep any dinner for me tonight?"

Souri and Aneesha shared a blank look which made me realize what I said was something I shouldn't have said. Of course, Aneesha and Souritri were my best friends, but they did not know about what goes on behind the doors. 

"I mean, I told her I won't have dinner, but I am hungry so...." I tried to cover it up. 

"Oh, I can go check," Souri offered. 

"Also, it is 9 o'clock," Aneesha informed me.

I mumbled a 'mmh' and covered my face with the blankets. They can't know what happened today. Fresh tears spilled from my eyes as I recalled the scene. My story has suddenly begun to move. But it is moving way too fast.