12. A Chance

So here is the second update as promised Xcilur04!

Please vote and comment guys! It gives a lot of happiness and motivation.

******************************************************************************

Abhinav

This week has passed very soon. Everyone is trying to lift Sweety's mood from last week and she seems to be getting better now. But my equation with Isha has completely changed after what I said on that day. She is neither wishing me good morning nor sleeping on the bed. She is avoiding me as much as she can. She is not even looking at me. I know I was rude to her. I was being a jerk but what I really wanted was to keep her away from that woman. But my words came out harsh and I can see how hurt she is. I have to make it right. I will apologize to her today at the wedding as soon as I get a chance.

I was thinking about her when she came in holding two pairs of clothing. They are couple-outfits. She placed mine on the bed and went to change with hers.

I changed into mine after she came out. By the time I came out, she was sitting in front of the mirror and setting her hair. She looked like an angel. She is so damn beautiful that suddenly my possessive soul woke up wanting to keep her all for me.

She went down as soon as she was done without sparing me a glance.

We sat in our car and she was sitting with me as Dadi sa ordered.

"Hey!" I called her breaking the awkward silence between us.

"If you want to scold or throw a tantrum about these matching clothes and all then let me tell you it's not my idea." She replied looking out of the window. 

"Why would I throw a tantrum for twinning with my wife?" I asked surprised by her statement.

"Are you bipolar? A few days back it was you who said I should mind my business and stay away from your family business. Didn't you? Did you consider me as your wife back then?" She asked with hurt and anger evident in her eyes.

"I consider you as my wife every moment since our marriage princess! I just didn't want you to get involved in that mess and get hurt. I know my choice of words was very wrong and I am sorry about that. I really am." I said in one go looking into her eyes.

"You could have at least clarified it earlier. You are saying sorry after a week." She said still hurt. 

I took her hands in mine and made her look at me.

"I know, I am sorry. You were avoiding me for a whole week. Please forgive me now. I will do anything you want to get your forgiveness but please don't avoid me." I pleaded this time.

"I am not avoiding you, Abhinav. It's you who is confusing me with your behavior. One day you make me feel like I hold a place in your life and the next day you will behave like you don't care." she stated.

"I am sorry. I am actually afraid of getting so attached to people because of my past. I don't want to get close to someone and lose them one day. What if you leave me? That's why I try to control myself from getting too attached to you." I told the truth this time.

"Why would I leave you? You are my husband. I will not leave you until you do something to hurt me to that extent." She said with nothing but the truth in her eyes.

"I will never do something to hurt you princess. I will never do that at least knowingly. You can question me, fight with me, and give me any punishment you want if I ever hurt you." I said with a promise in my eyes.

She nodded in reply.

"So will you give us a chance?" I asked with hopeful eyes.

She nodded again. I am so happy about that.

"From now stop being  a jerk and give her the love she deserves." My subconscious mind schooled me. "I will give her the world. " I promised myself.

Soon we reached the destination. We got out of our car and started walking in. 

She tripped on her lehenga and I held her hand to stop her from falling. After I helped her stand straight I held her hand. She tried to take back her hand but I tightened my grip on her hand. She looked at me and I nodded. She interlocked her fingers with mine and we walked hand in hand.

This moment feels like home. She feels like my home.

We went in and I introduced her to some of my friends and our business partners. She introduced me to some of her friends.

Suddenly I felt her holding my arm tightly. I can see the tension on her face.

"Are you okay princess?" I asked her.

"Woh... he.." She said looking at someone.

"Who?" I asked turning in that direction.

Ishaan came there at the same time.

"Are you okay Cheeku?" He asked with concern evident in his eyes.

She nodded a yes.

"We can leave if you are not feeling well," I said to her.

"Can we go take a walk for some time?" She asked me.

"I am okay bhai. Abhinav is with me na. You go and be with Abhigya. She might get overwhelmed looking at this crowd." She said turning to her brother.

"Remember bhai will always protect you cheeku. And you yourself are capable of protecting yourself." Ishaan said and kissed her forehead before going back to Sweety.

I took her for a walk.

"What happened back there?" I asked her.

She looked at me with teary eyes.

"It's okay, princess. I will not force you if you don't want to share." I said tightening my grip on her hand.

She stopped abruptly and hugged me. I was dumbfounded to react but wrapped my hands around her after a few seconds. She snuggled further into me. After some time she looked up at me still holding me tight.

"He is the son of that man who kidnapped me when I was young. I thought I became strong but I didn't. That family still affects me." She said sobbing.

"You are strong, princess. You are a strong woman. Don't say that. It's natural to react the way you did. I promise we will fight this together." I said looking into her eyes.

She hugged me again resting her head on my chest.

After some time we went back to the wedding area. 

When I noticed some men looking at my beautiful wife with their lustful eyes I pulled her closer to me by her waist and took her away from their prying eyes.

She is mine. Only mine! Mine to love! Mine to protect! Mine to cherish!